Marketing to Ultra Affluent for Estate Planning

I used to cold call business owners 6-7 am and pissed off a bunch, but had a few that let me quote them on the call. I would fedex the quotes for next morning delivery, and would fedex company t-shirts to the ones that I pissed off with a hand written note. I made a lot of sales, and the biggest case I've ever written originated from the ceo of a company that received one of my t-shirts. Be different if you want results.

Why did you stop doing it?

I suppose some people might be impressed by my drive if I door knock with no letter or introduction to myself, but that seems a little crazy and far fetched. Like a Cinderella Story. I'm too old for a Cinderella story. I'm 40, no one is going to admire my youthful ambitions. And, how do I know they are home, for one thing? It is quite a hike from mansion to mansion so I don't want to waste a lot of time.

Too funny..sounds like you've gotten wiser with age. There was a real estate agent riding around our hood on a bicycle, trying to scout business. People complained, and he moved on..he was in his 30's, and only a couple of people admired his enthusiasm, the overwhelming majority wanted him to stop.

I too think that this is a pretty hard road to plow. However the best advice I would suggest is to find the people that serve them: CPAs, lawyers, etc.

My experience is that UHNW people really are not reading their junk mail and are not all that involved in many of these things. If and when they do get something of interest, often they hand it to their people to look into.

Back