Mom's Wedding Gift to Me?

Reminds me of the gift my father offered me on the day of my first wedding while at the church. He said it's not to late I can get you out of here.

My dad said something very similar. As we were standing backstage waiting for my wife's aunt to finish singing, as the song was coming to an end my dad looked at me and said,

"It's not too late to get on a plane and go home with me".

Still makes my wife mad and she adores my dad.

I should also give a little more back story. She only said this to me after she accidentally sent a text to my fiance that was meant for whoever she was ranting to at the moment. It read "in fact for their wedding gift I'm getting (my name) an insurance policy on (fiance's name)." Then she tried to tell my fiance it was the text was meant for me and then she tried to cover it up by actually calling me about it. She was angry because I picked an inlaw to be in my bridal party.

Am I correct in understanding that she can't do this without his permission?

I should also give a little more back story. She only said this to me after she accidentally sent a text to my fiance that was meant for whoever she was ranting to at the moment. It read "in fact for their wedding gift I'm getting (my name) an insurance policy on (fiance's name)." Then she tried to tell my fiance it was the text was meant for me and then she tried to cover it up by actually calling me about it. She was angry because I picked an inlaw to be in my bridal party.

Oh fun!

Is your father still alive? Any odd deaths surrounding your mother that may have a reward for help in solving the case?

She can get some insurance without his permission. Usually in small amounts.

There was a thread a few months back about a guy whose mom was trying to kill him. Go back a few pages and you should find it.

Their is nothing wrong with the gift, but her behavior.

In general, yes she needs his permission. At one time Lloyd's of London did offer a plan where the insured did not have to consent. I'm not sure if it is still available and it was a bit pricy.

Depending on the amount and how much it takes up of your total line of available coverage for both of you odds are the insurers may insist you both btle applicant and owners of your policies and she can your mother can pay for them.

Back