Mom's Wedding Gift to Me?

BlueSky38

My mom told me as a wedding gift to me and my fiancé that she is going to take out a life insurance policy on him. Is that a common wedding gift? I didn't even know she could do that. Why would she want to?

My mom told me as a wedding gift to me and my fiancé that she is going to take out a life insurance policy on him. Is that a common wedding gift? I didn't even know she could do that. Why would she want to?

>>I didn't even know she could do that.

She may be able to with his permission.

>>Why would she want to?

Because _What did she say when you asked her?_ .

It could just be a nice gesture to insure her daughter's well being in the event her husband dies. Could be an "investment". To many unknowns for us to answer.

Has your mother had 3 husbands that all died mysteriously?

If not, she's probably just trying to protect you.

its the best gift ever........I wish someone would have taken life insurance out on me when I got married........

its the best gift ever........I wish someone would have taken life insurance out on me when I got married........

Oh the comments I want to make here........

To the OP...its actually not a bad idea. Assuming you're young and broke, she knows you need life insurance and its not a priority in the budget at 25 . Its also critical if there are student loans in the picture.

Reminds me of the gift my father offered me on the day of my first wedding while at the church. He said it's not to late I can get you out of here.

Back