More Liberal Underwriting Than Banner?

blue_wynd

Guru
100+ Post Club
So if someone was declined by banner, any other companies out there that might take the man for 20 term, without going to GI or graded? The guy have diabetes type 1 and heart issues, quad bypass. 62. A related question, what would be your choice before banner decline the guy? Your go to carrier with the most liberal underwriting for fully underwritten cases?

Banner has great underwriting and a very competitive product. I catch myself using it about half the time. It really depends on the health conditions, diabetis and heart disease are tough anywhere. There are plenty of good companies. I usually send a quick quotes out to several carriers to see how they would underwrite before I submit an application. An MGA can help you with that.

So if someone was declined by banner, any other companies out there that might take the man for 20 term, without going to GI or graded? The guy have diabetes type 1 and heart issues, quad bypass. 62. A related question, what would be your choice before banner decline the guy? Your go to carrier with the most liberal underwriting for fully underwritten cases?

Do you know exactly why he was declined? Not saying that you don't know your biz, but often it's something that can be cleared up with a Doctor's letter or clarification on an item.

I've had so many go from declined to standard on appeal, I don't take anything at face value anymore. However, sometimes it's easier just to go to another carrier as number 9 suggested.

Type 1 diabetes with CAD/Quad Bypass won't get through any traditional carriers.

Every carrier has their underwriting strengths and weaknesses. If you don't know them - then utilize each carriers "quick quote" service where you can e-mail their underwriting desk directly for a tentative offer before submitting. Most carriers, including Banner, have this function.

Last edited:
CAD + diabetes is an unholy combination where the sum is greater than the parts. The CAD might be 2 tables, the diabetes might be 2 tables, but the offer will be 6 tables. The two conditions don't play well together.

CAD + diabetes is an unholy combination where the sum is greater than the parts. The CAD might be 2 tables, the diabetes might be 2 tables, but the offer will be 6 tables. The two conditions don't play well together.

The guy is willing to pay the premium, just having a hard time getting the carriers to insure him.

The guy is willing to pay the premium, just having a hard time getting the carriers to insure him.

Put him in a permanent policy. Every company I've ever used was more lenient on permanent versus term underwriting.

Not so sure Banner is especially liberal. Past companies I've worked for have always been compeditive and beating them out. Every case is different. Banner wins some, Banner loses some.

Back