Mortgage Protection Saturation...?

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi Friends,

ok....i'm hearing from a few outside agents that MP is saturated in my area. Apparently in the Big cities this is quite common. PLUS its a special niche.

NOTE: Anyone else experiencing this too? I'm in S.Fla., so there's plenty of agents here. AND with the leads costing Big $ (i heard like $45@), i'm not willing to try that.

QUESTION: What areas are best for Mtg. Protection?

Thanks for any constructive input.

There is a lot of market penetration and saturation due to several MP IMO's doing massive recruiting with their MLM designed business models. In South Florida, you are absolutely swimming upstream with a tough paddle!

Have you ever thought about any other niches? I use to be in MP and did quite well, but now I am in FE and Medicare and could NEVER imagine doing anything else. I make quite a bit more than I use to as well. And I damn sure never pay $45 a lead!

If I can help, give me a call or shoot me a message! Good look hunting!

Hi Friends,

ok....i'm hearing from a few outside agents that MP is saturated in my area. Apparently in the Big cities this is quite common. PLUS its a special niche.

NOTE: Anyone else experiencing this too? I'm in S.Fla., so there's plenty of agents here. AND with the leads costing Big $ (i heard like $45@), i'm not willing to try that.

There's no shortage of pitchmen either. They want to sell you leads,...and shrug their shoulders when you fall flat on your face. They made their $ and you are still scrounging for yours. (sad state of affairs).

There's no shortage of pitchmen either. They want to sell you leads,...and shrug their shoulders when you fall flat on your face. They made their $ and you are still scrounging for yours. (sad state of affairs).

Without a doubt! Many of those IMO's make a LOT of money off their "lead" systems. They sell you on the importance of bonus leads, B leads, etc. so you will drink the look-aid. So, by time the leads have been sold numerous times, IMO is happy, and you think all is great cause they have lots of leads!

I don't know about you, but when I pay for leads, I want them to be MINE, not rented to me for a few weeks then resold. Last time I checked, I was purchasing leads, not renting or leasing them!

Hi Friends,

I am in the Portland area, I completely agree with you about the MP becoming SATURATED! It was very common for someone to receive a direct mail lead and be the 3rd or 6th person to contact them.

MP can also be very tough if you are working with a group like NAA where your manager or fellow agents could be also working your leads at a later time. Too many cooks in the kitchen!

I would highly recommend either marketing MP in rural areas where you will have less competition or looking into the Senior insurance market (Final Expense/Medicare).

Best of luck!!!

I am just curious if anyone has any experience with the mortgage protection Market in Nashville Tennessee? I feel like it's a good way for me and my business partner to get started

I am just curious if anyone has any experience with the mortgage protection Market in Nashville Tennessee? I feel like it's a good way for me and my business partner to get started

Talk to other agents who have tried it in your area. The FMO's will try and sell you their leads, get you signed up. TALK TO OTHER AGENTS who are doing Medsups...and see what they say.

Back