Mortgage Unemployment Protection

AboutThatLife

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone know which companies have products that will pay your mortgage for you if you become unemployed?

I never knew this was a thing until today.

This is different from that. Americo also offers that with their HMS series, and they have a IPO option on one of the plans.

This describes it in better detail here

Come to think of it, I'm not sure it exists outside the P&C world. I'm re-reading this lead flyer my mom filled out, and it specifically says it makes premium payments if you become unemployed, not mortgage payments.

Might be a good idea to get a P&C license just to cross sell that with disability and mortgage protection.

I was wondering if it was rolled into credit life and disability coverage that only benefits banks and other lenders in the event of a qualified claim?

I think this is the key in that article:
Once hard to find, job-loss mortgage insurance is now available not only from traditional insurers but from new-home builders, banks and other lenders, real estate agents, realty groups, and state and local housing agencies as well.

If the beneficiary of these payments is the lender, then I would *presume* that the lender would offer the coverage and/or make it available through P&C agents - whom I would suppose is implied through the term "traditional insurers". It would be a perfect rider to add to a homeowner policy.

Back