Must Be More Careful what I Write

I didn't really read the other thread, nor this one and I really don't care to read it either.

I do have to ask. If you are really that worried about what perfect strangers on the internet think of you, are you really cut out for sales?

The prelude to your question tempts me to respond in ways I was already thinking about, but I will refrain. There is not time for the long answer to your question but the short answer is no. I never said I was or am.

This is a great forum for learning and asking questions. If you are so thin skinned that you can't take criticism then you definitely are in the wrong business.

Just for reference we can all improve our communications with clients, friends, family, etc. if we think of them first instead of ourselves. Email/internet communication by nature is cold enough anyway and can quickly turn someone off or be taken the wrong way.

Why don't you count the number of times you have "I" in your posts and then maybe that will give you a clue as to why you got the reception you did.

All of us at one time or another have probably met someone that told us they were a "maverick" or someone that told us they were "direct" and they just turn out to be a big @#$%^ because they are so full of themselves.

Maverick is a term that preceded being here but thanks for the affirmation.

Wondering how many times the word "you" was used in your post. Thanks for the career advice. Have "you" considered career counseling?

The word "I" should never be used in good journalism because it's considered editorializing. Clearly this forum does NOT fit that category, although some have attempted to make it seem unbiased and this is all undisputed truth.

The reality is just about everything written here, at least in this thread and a few others appears to be opinions, which are as common as a particular orifice everyone has.

There is only one opinion that really matters and it doesn't seem to be here.

I use the word "I" to take responsibiliity for my own words and actions. It's as simple as that.

Many in this forum are about as constructive as a buzz saw. How's that working out?

Are the judges here elected or simply self-appointed?

I'm curious which post was perceived as "I'm special".

The original post.

So someone told you to post here and then what.... you become the next Tim Ferris? It's really funny to me that you came here to try and gain an audience and it has gone this badly :D.

I mean... you just can't make this stuff up.

Maverick is a term that preceded being here but thanks for the affirmation.

Wondering how many times the word "you" was used in your post. Thanks for the career advice. Have "you" considered career counseling?

The word "I" should never be used in good journalism because it's considered editorializing. Clearly this forum does NOT fit that category, although some have attempted to make it seem unbiased and this is all undisputed truth.

The reality is just about everything written here, at least in this thread and a few others appears to be opinions, which are as common as a particular orifice everyone has.

There is only one opinion that really matters and it doesn't seem to be here.

I use the word "I" to take responsibiliity for my own words and actions. It's as simple as that.

Many in this forum are about as constructive as a buzz saw. How's that working out?

Are the judges here elected or simply self-appointed?

First, your other thread asked for comments. You got them. Be careful for what you wish for... you may get it.

I've been on various discussion forums over the past 15 years. You have to have a certain perspective on these. I look at it like a game of chess. The better you get with better players... the better and quicker you'll improve your game.

Second, be sure you're using precise terminology. I keep reading that other thread you started, and I still don't know what you mean by simplified issue - whether you're selling an FE-type policy, or simply a non-medical fully underwritten policy. They are both policies that don't require medical exams... yet technically the FE-type policy is truly "simplified issue" versus a non-medical fully underwritten policy.

I did not ASSume what you meant... so I commented appropriately.

Words mean things... and some words are too easy to "interchange". Take the word "rollover". It's a generic AND specific term. I saw a headline on ProducersWeb that said that the IRS was restricting rollovers. Well, that's true... but it caught my attention for the generic meaning of the word... and not the specific meaning. As you know (or should know), "rollovers" are not the same thing as a "direct transfer".

Third, in the discussion forum world... be prepared to back up what you assert. If you make a statement, be prepared to back it up and defend it. If you're not... be prepared to have your mind opened.

These discussions are valuable and can be great learning opportunities. Yes, you need to be more PRECISE in what you write... but don't get all worked up about it.

And yes, I believe there is more than one way to "skin a cat"... but if we're going to debate the methods... be prepared to debate and defend what you assert is your "best practice" or your "best way". You'll learn a few things and it'll either cement for you that what you're doing is great... or you'll adjust and adapt.

Back