Mutual Trust & Pan American Merger

I wondered if anyone has current comments about MTL from the perspective of a prospective policyholder?

I want to buy a $10K whole life policy (from a Mutual with a participating policy) and had MTL suggested. I have been hesitant about that because of positive comments I have seen in the forums about Assurity Life and Lafayette Life. I am wondering if I shouldn't reconsider that. If MTL has experience operating in a conservative manner and now has a strong parent, perhaps they would be a wiser choice over the next 20-25 years if one expects some trouble in the economy.

Comments?

Just how long to you plan on living LD? :twitchy:

I hope you make it.:yes:

Just how long to you plan on living LD? :twitchy:

I hope you make it.:yes:

Thank you.

That's a challenge because I can't see the playbook. I looked at the 23 year line on a policy illustration.

If I follow an uncle's pattern, I died 5 years ago.
If I follow my parents' patterns I'll die within 3 years.
If I follow most of my grandparents' patterns i've got 10-12.
If I follow the pattern of one of my father's good friends from WWii days, I've got 20.

With a single premium whole life I have another policy.
I don't have to worry about running short on my SS check and not being able to make a premium.
A plan for all ages.
72-82 my wife makes a killing (so to speak) on my "investment".
82-92 additional paid up insurance increases the death benefit.
92 I have "options" on insurance I can't buy or the cash I paid for it. I can choose which I need going forward.

Best I can do with what I have.

Mutual Trust Life Insurance company seems to be a stock company rather than a mutual company. I don't know exactly what that means in regards to its dividends.

Mutual Trust Life Insurance company seems to be a stock company rather than a mutual company. I don't know exactly what that means in regards to its dividends.

Typically, mutual companies pay higher dividends thus performing better. The story behind this is since they are mutual companies (owned by the policy holders) they can afford to pay a higher dividend because there are no stock holders to satisfy. At least this is the Kool Aid that the mutual poar down your throat when you become a career agent with them.

They are a wholly owned subsidiary of Pan American and they ARE a Mutual company. Paid dividends for about 100yrs or so, I can't recall the exact #.
mutual trust

Back