NAA or Look Away?

Oh Yeah. I paid $358.00 for leads and could and was able to reach only one person and the rest unable to reach by phone and meet and did door knocking. Sold a massive ZERO and wasted 6 weeks attending their trainings.

RUN FROM NAA. They are looking to hire order takers and slaves. They PUSH hard for non-med to get the quick bucks. Their trainings are designed for NON-MED policies even the client qualifies otherwise. Class Action is warranted !
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
They will never fire you , because they will not appoint you with any carriers without writing a single piece of busines for each of the carries.(Except for carries like Forester which require to be appointed with them).

Last edited:
Look Away and run the other way.

NAA is designed like a lot of rip off organizations by making the big bucks buy building up the hype crack cocaine that is shoved down your throat to give you the belief they are legit. When you finally learn about contracts, what you should be offering your clients, and other lead sources that make better sense, there is nothing they offer of value for the agent.

They like to make the big speal that you need to be a manager...they insist this and don't even mention the importance of production. It is a joke.

I was with NAA , there was good and bad but sadly the bad far outweighed the good. It's the pyramid scheme of insurance and there is a charge for EVERYTHING, you will not be profitable.

Hello, my name is Kenny and I live in Jacksonville, Fl. I am very new to insurance and I read what you said about NAA. I will be taking my life and health test in April, and NAA was the company I was excited to work for. Do you have any advice for me being so new to this? I want to make a decent living and be entrepreneurial, but I don't want to be swindled and taken advantage of.

Are there companies you would suggest?

Are all insurance companies MLMs?

Hello, my name is Kenny and I live in Jacksonville, Fl. I am very new to insurance and I read what you said about NAA. I will be taking my life and health test in April, and NAA was the company I was excited to work for. Do you have any advice for me being so new to this? I want to make a decent living and be entrepreneurial, but I don't want to be swindled and taken advantage of.

Are there companies you would suggest?

Are all insurance companies MLMs?

Kenny,
Read all the threads on here about NAA and that should help to give more perspective.

Insurance Companies are not MLMs.
Also, NAA is not an Insurance Company.
NAA is what is called an IMO or FMO or GA. (Insurance Marketing Organization/Field Marketing Organization/General Agency)

They are a company that is contracted with multiple Insurance Companies, and allow agents working with them to contract and write policies with those Insurance Companies. Some also help provide support and guidance to agents.

And before you ask, no, not all IMOs are MLMs. Most all IMOs are actually nothing like NAA.

Look at what is called a "Career" Insurance Company position. This means you work directly with that Insurance Company and sell just that Company (or mostly that company).
New York Life, Mass Mutual, Guardian, Met Life, North Western Mutual, Mutual of Omaha all would be good choices.
Even selling group supplemental with Colonial Life or Aflac would be much better than NAA.

Last edited:
True story. I was talking with a girl a while back about cold calling and she said her and her husband got liscensed and joined NAA. From what I understand they went to some convention or something and I'm not sure if it was just their group or what but there was some sort of group sex going on that they were invited to. She said they packed their bags and that was the end of their insurance career. Poor girl sounded like she was still traumatized by the whole thing. She thinks insurance agents are all pervs now.

True story. I was talking with a girl a while back about cold calling and she said her and her husband got liscensed and joined NAA. From what I understand they went to some convention or something and I'm not sure if it was just their group or what but there was some sort of group sex going on that they were invited to. She said they packed their bags and that was the end of their insurance career. Poor girl sounded like she was still traumatized by the whole thing. She thinks insurance agents are all pervs now.

You say that like it's a bad thing?:goofy:

Back on the subject of NAA, while there are certainly better IMO's to get started with they were great for me and my career. They were my second stop with AmGen being the first. AmGen might have had good products and maybe good training but they did not have leads. So good products and a well trained agent has no one to sell to.

I was fortunate to get with NAA when they focused on production and I got excellent training. I started at 65% contracts and didn't know enough to know that wasn't good but in reality it's more than I was worth since I didn't know anything. I was moved to 70% shortly because of production and in 6 months was up to 80%. My first full year with NAA was 2005 and I wrote $257,000 ap on 10 leads per week.

I did not care for the rah-rah sessions and I only went to one convention, {which was very unsettling to my upline}. As NAA changed their focus from production to recruiting I was the odd man out since I didn't recruit.

So, bottom line, it was a great place for me to start and learn but not a place to build a career. Oh, one other thing, I sold life insurance. I did not use the scare tactics of an exam to put healthy people into non med policies. I only used non med when it was clearly the best option for the client. That also did not sit well with my upline but producing gives you a license that non producers do not have.

Last edited:
Thank you (Jdeasy) for taking the time to respond! I'm going to go back and read the whole thread.

Once I am licensed, do you have to stay with one company with that same license? Or if I want to look at another company do I need another license?

Back