NAA the Truth

No you misinterpret.. I'm not being dismissive. I've been a ghost on these forums for quite a long time and I've gained a lot of insight from many here whether they know it or not. I'm really just stating my experiences thus far with NAA. So far its been great. I don't think I want to get into building a team because there comes great risks in doing so.

I don't wish you any ill will and I'm only telling you what I know because I don't want to see you suffer the same. So please understand the context of what I'm trying to tell you. If you truly aren't being dismissive then how can you believe what you believe when practically everything on this forum about them is pretty condemningly true assuming you've even read a portion of it ? Countless top producers and managers have gone through that gauntlet and left with little to nothing not even their dignity. If AA has cut the throats of John Kight, Phillip Hudgens, and Jonathan Rogers to name a few, then what makes you believe you are any different in his eyes ? Heck, he even took the #1 producer up in a private jet at one point and brought along a "marriage counselor" to convince him to leave his fiancé. He cares for you about as much as you would an ant. The way NAA was engineered was to keep agents from leaving and continue producing and AA is suing a bunch of agents right now just for leaving.

If you want to keep smoking that pipe, then go right ahead. I'm not even telling you to leave. Keep going in the direction that you've already made up in your mind to go and when you're done you can make a contribution to the thread "Is anyone going to the convention (National Agents Alliance)."

You'll see.

MIM :GEEK::idea:

Reason I say I'm not being dismissive is because I KNOW there are a lot of negatives.. but for the past several months I've worked my system. I have been honest with clients and I've made money simultaneously. My only reason for making this post was to show that yes you can (at least as far as I know) make pretty good money at NAA without having to be a sleeze ball. I don't talk to 99 percent of the other members of NAA mainly the guy I signed up under. I don't see the need in being known throughout the organization if its not going to help my clients or help me make any more money.. But I wasn't trying to sound confrontational sorry

Reason I say I'm not being dismissive is because I KNOW there are a lot of negatives.. but for the past several months I've worked my system. I have been honest with clients and I've made money simultaneously. My only reason for making this post was to show that yes you can (at least as far as I know) make pretty good money at NAA without having to be a sleeze ball. I don't talk to 99 percent of the other members of NAA mainly the guy I signed up under. I don't see the need in being known throughout the organization if its not going to help my clients or help me make any more money.. But I wasn't trying to sound confrontational sorry

Everybody has to start somewhere. It sounds like you are working hard and doing what you can to help your clients.
Great job!

theAgent1983, my guess is that you and I are the same age (I was born in 1983).

I've been in insurance since 2010, which is a pretty decent amount of time for a newbie. I beat the pavement and knocked on doors with Aflac and beat my head against the wall with Farmers. Because of who I am and how I operate, I took it upon myself to learn as much about as many products as possible.

I've been in numerous sales jobs, training jobs, and customer service positions. Heck, my entire family is made up of entrepreneurs and leaders within their communities. So understand the background I have when I tell you my impressions of NAA.

I signed up with NAA just to see what they were about. I got their free leads to smell the water (never jump in a lake if it smells fetid: smell the water before touching it) and listened to a bit of training.

What I have seen with them is that they're pretty much full of crap. They offer products that are the bare-minimum, if that, of coverage and overpriced for what they do offer. Their push for building a team before you even are introduced to their portfolio of products is reprehensible and dangerous.

I swore off NAA and I'd recommend the same for you. Chargebacks will eviscerate you in the end and they are inevitable with the business model of NAA. Even scarier, you can say you're going to make sure your clients are taken care of through NAA, but their business model will override your personal drive to do right and lead you into chargebacks regardless.

theAgent1983, my guess is that you and I are the same age (I was born in 1983).

I've been in insurance since 2010, which is a pretty decent amount of time for a newbie. I beat the pavement and knocked on doors with Aflac and beat my head against the wall with Farmers. Because of who I am and how I operate, I took it upon myself to learn as much about as many products as possible.

I've been in numerous sales jobs, training jobs, and customer service positions. Heck, my entire family is made up of entrepreneurs and leaders within their communities. So understand the background I have when I tell you my impressions of NAA.

I signed up with NAA just to see what they were about. I got their free leads to smell the water (never jump in a lake if it smells fetid: smell the water before touching it) and listened to a bit of training.

What I have seen with them is that they're pretty much full of crap. They offer products that are the bare-minimum, if that, of coverage and overpriced for what they do offer. Their push for building a team before you even are introduced to their portfolio of products is reprehensible and dangerous.

I swore off NAA and I'd recommend the same for you. Chargebacks will eviscerate you in the end and they are inevitable with the business model of NAA. Even scarier, you can say you're going to make sure your clients are taken care of through NAA, but their business model will override your personal drive to do right and lead you into chargebacks regardless.

Wow, thanks for getting it. Well put.

----------

And I'm certainly not trying to be confrontational either so if I come off that I way I apologize. It's a sore spot for me and I just don't want to see you go through the ringer as I have. But do what you feel you gotta do. Just please take heed to the wisdom on this forum before it costs you everything. Thanks for reading.

NAA is good for one person which would be Andy Albright because he's at the top of the pyramid. Anyone can argue that it isn't but it is. NAA coolaid will argue that all corporations are pyramids but they don't have to pay to work there (lead override). If you hven't built a team then you're not having tp pay into the company except for convention, training (weekly recruiting/training meetings), president's club, etc...). Let's not overlook the 121 agents that left NAA and are bein sued from the top down.

NAA is good for our industry in the respect that they pull in new people. They have filled the void left when carriers reduced their captive force. Just as with the captive agents, some new NAA agents wont make it. Many of those that do make it will spread their wings and become the future of our industry. I'm glad to see some younger people.

Reviving and old thread. Ok, theagent1983, how are things going up to this point now. Its been over six months. Are things improving at NAA?

----------

Guess not. Lol!:no:

I hope NAA stays around because we've hired some good agents away from them with higher contracts. Good training ground if nothing else.

Reviving and old thread. Ok, theagent1983, how are things going up to this point now. Its been over six months. Are things improving at NAA?

----------

Guess not. Lol!:no:

I must say its been pleasant. .the last couple of months of 2014 was a bit rough but all and all i still love it.. I ended feb on a very good note lol! So far i haven't recruited anyone.. not my thing.. am I as rich as the LH guys? .. nah and i dont think i ever will be but I've done well for my family.. much better than I would've had i not gone the insurance route and thats just fine by me

Back