NAA the Truth

theAgent1983

Ok guys hopefully this thread doesn't get deleted.

for a long time I have used this site as well as other sites to gain insight on this field that I've been interested in for such a long time. I received my license last summer but never used it up until October when I was contacted via indeed by an individual from NAA.. I won't put any names out there because I'm not here to recruit for or plug the specific agency I'm with. Did I drink the kool-aid? why yes I did and I have read many of the negative comments on here regarding NAA and other companies similar to it.
I will be completely honest and say that yes some of the claims on here are indeed true. They do talk about team building/mlm etc. But I've been at it for 5 months and I've made great money. I mean you can't argue with results..

First and foremost I'd like to address the idea that agents from NAA don't do whats best for the clients.
I try to find the most cost effective avenue for my clients. To try and pass of the idea that upselling is exclusively an NAA practice is nonsense. That is a practice done by sleazy insurance agents of any company. We're not captive so we have options

Secondly, YES I pay for leads!! but why is this a big deal. When I worked in advertising I made a killing on pushing ads to insurance agencies.. quarter pages, half, whole... they needed to advertise as well as rank their blogs websites etc.. why did they do this? to generate business because they knew that no one would just come fall into your lap. Now if you advertise on a consistent basis you'll actually spend far more than you would spend with buying A-leads. and at the end of the day those leads have a high rate of return and I always make far more than what I spend on leads.. ALWAYS

Lastly, MLM'ers ...yes I will not lie and be coy about it. it is MLM! But its not required. that aspect of the business allows you to make higher commissions quicker thats it. I know fellow agents who have been in the business over 2 years and they don't recruit but strictly produce.

Interestingly enough one of my good friends from college who was with AIL joined symmetry a few months after I got with NAA. He and I go back and forth joking considering the history of both companies. Now he pushes many of their more expensive products.. not ethical but that doesn't mean the whole company does that. Personally minus my first month in the field I have made no less than 4500 a month since this past October and that from buying their leads and not pushing the most expensive stuff I can find.

At the end of the day insurance is an amazing field that I wish I would've known about earlier in life like lets say around 21:D ...

I just wanted to share my experience with people who might be considering doing insurance that read this forum as I have. Regardless of what company you decide to go with just remember to have some sense of integrity..

I would bet any responses on your thread will deal with the fact that you are young and impressionable. After a few years (there is a 95% chance you won't last 3 years by the way) in this business you will get some reality and move to a more sustainable career if you wish to SELL insurance.

As for MLM...The lazy man's way of saying they will make money. Anybody out there that has been in the business 10+ years will tell you that you can never build a downline with New Agents with an average 5-10% spread and expect to survive on the downline alone.

You must realize the math.....95% of all agents fail within 3 years. Failed agents mean that there are chargebacks. Chargebacks get sent up the line to you when most of the agents that quit feel slighted and don't pay. You find that you are no longer making money also because of chargebacks and you quit. Now your upline has the same problem......YADA YADA YADA.

THE MATH. (simple format)
Agent gets paid $600 on a 60% commission you get $50 on an override.
Policy lapses after 3 months and so does agent. You get hit with $450 charge back for the risk you take on earning $50. A BANK would never make this deal..

MLM never helps anyone in Lower or middle contracts, only the IMO. You need to have 15-20% spreads in your downline to be able to make it as a business at a minimum. A turn and burn recruiting operation will never work in the long run and is a failed model to the average agent.

I just hope you get a reality kick in the A..... and realize that you may have talent and need to explore that with a solid financial services firm and not be fooled with what you think is a lot of money based on your short career so far.

Last edited:
Hey bro I completely understand. Thats why when I was approached by primerica and also naa I told both of them that I'm not looking to do any team building.
Actually I didn't start out at 60percent. I THINK had I went with symmetry I would have started out with that much. But at the end of the day I'm able to make pretty nice money while helping people... whats wrong with that. Personally I don't sell anyone anything if I see their financial situation won't allow them to pay for it. I gladly leave an appointment with a smaller commission than my colleges. I get laughed at but so far I haven't had any chargebacks and I stay in contact with all of my clients..so hopefully I can keep it up!!!!

Hey bro I completely understand. Thats why when I was approached by primerica and also naa I told both of them that I'm not looking to do any team building.
Actually I didn't start out at 60percent. I THINK had I went with symmetry I would have started out with that much. But at the end of the day I'm able to make pretty nice money while helping people... whats wrong with that. Personally I don't sell anyone anything if I see their financial situation won't allow them to pay for it. I gladly leave an appointment with a smaller commission than my colleges. I get laughed at but so far I haven't had any chargebacks and I stay in contact with all of my clients..so hopefully I can keep it up!!!!

I think this is great. I'm doing the same things but independently. What benefit does NAA really give you over being an independent?

The only reason that I've enjoyed it as much is simply due to the leads..these are people who expressed interest in recent days/weeks so I'm not going in there cold turkey.

NOW...

there are drawbacks...You don't get residuals AT ALL. They will try and tell you that you do because of the team building aspect.. but thats bs..
also some of the leads are a bit far out from where I stay...I hate that.
Your email will always be contacted by the company about retreats conferences etc... I don't know about you but I hate that stuff...
But all and all I like it. also you don't HAVE to buy leads. I'm not trying to argue with anyone on this site as I have a lot of respect for the men and women who post here. But I just noticed a lot of negativity towards NAA and I have done nothing at NAA BUT be honest with my clients and make pretty good money for the last several months..

My second gig in insuracne was with NAA. It was very good for me. I learned how to sell life insurance with NAA.

I did not recruit then nor now. I was a top 15 producer with NAA. I was pressured to recuit but I never bought into that. I also just sold life insurance. I never hestitated to recommend fully underwritten vs the SI. They never bothered me about that because I was producing.

I was with a good training manager and got good training. The leads were the best I've worked in this business.

They were over priced and they were sold multiple times. My contract levels were too low but I didn't know any better.

I think nAA is a good place to start and learn. I don't think it's a place to stay for a career.

I also disagree that it's an MLM. If it is then every IMO is MLM. I haven't been with NAA for 7 years now. But I still get paid every week on renewals from the business I wrote while there.

I don't know it seems kind of MLM'ish to me but Im fine with that. I'm able to pay my bills and learn.. thats all you can ask for right? last month I bought a car that I wouldve never been able to buy had I went other career routes.. not to get too personal here but this has been awesome. Honestly anyone who has ever been a decent producer with NAA would know that it allows you to make good money...Also every agent there isn't dishonest... I know Im not

Ok guys hopefully this thread doesn't get deleted.

for a long time I have used this site as well as other sites to gain insight on this field that I've been interested in for such a long time. I received my license last summer but never used it up until October when I was contacted via indeed by an individual from NAA.. I won't put any names out there because I'm not here to recruit for or plug the specific agency I'm with. Did I drink the kool-aid? why yes I did and I have read many of the negative comments on here regarding NAA and other companies similar to it.
I will be completely honest and say that yes some of the claims on here are indeed true. They do talk about team building/mlm etc. But I've been at it for 5 months and I've made great money. I mean you can't argue with results..

First and foremost I'd like to address the idea that agents from NAA don't do whats best for the clients.
I try to find the most cost effective avenue for my clients. To try and pass of the idea that upselling is exclusively an NAA practice is nonsense. That is a practice done by sleazy insurance agents of any company. We're not captive so we have options

Secondly, YES I pay for leads!! but why is this a big deal. When I worked in advertising I made a killing on pushing ads to insurance agencies.. quarter pages, half, whole... they needed to advertise as well as rank their blogs websites etc.. why did they do this? to generate business because they knew that no one would just come fall into your lap. Now if you advertise on a consistent basis you'll actually spend far more than you would spend with buying A-leads. and at the end of the day those leads have a high rate of return and I always make far more than what I spend on leads.. ALWAYS

Lastly, MLM'ers ...yes I will not lie and be coy about it. it is MLM! But its not required. that aspect of the business allows you to make higher commissions quicker thats it. I know fellow agents who have been in the business over 2 years and they don't recruit but strictly produce.

Interestingly enough one of my good friends from college who was with AIL joined symmetry a few months after I got with NAA. He and I go back and forth joking considering the history of both companies. Now he pushes many of their more expensive products.. not ethical but that doesn't mean the whole company does that. Personally minus my first month in the field I have made no less than 4500 a month since this past October and that from buying their leads and not pushing the most expensive stuff I can find.

At the end of the day insurance is an amazing field that I wish I would've known about earlier in life like lets say around 21:D ...

I just wanted to share my experience with people who might be considering doing insurance that read this forum as I have. Regardless of what company you decide to go with just remember to have some sense of integrity..

As everyone else on this forum you are more than entitled to do as you wish. Go with them. And after about 6 to 12 months from now and you're still in the industry, then kudos to you. And if not, then you'll know for sure. I was once adamant about NAA and I was once dismissive of anyone else that spoke ill will of them. Now it's different. Man, where is dvd493 nowadays ?

MIM :GEEK::idea:

No you misinterpret.. I'm not being dismissive. I've been a ghost on these forums for quite a long time and I've gained a lot of insight from many here whether they know it or not. I'm really just stating my experiences thus far with NAA. So far its been great. I don't think I want to get into building a team because there comes great risks in doing so.

Back