Need Advice on Finding my Dad Insurance

mwpuck01

Expert
My dad is 65, has a history of heart disease but in 13 he got a standard rated whole life policy with me through western southern. He let that lapse this week and while i'm going to try to re write him i wanted to know if you all think another company would do better for him. He had a 25k DB more like a permanent term but was whole life. In 2014 he had a aneurysm and totaled his car, been on warfarin every sense along with the same medicine he was on in 13 for his heart. non smoker, i can quote him 90 a month standard for 25k, just wanted to know if there was anything else better out there. Thank you

How can it be like permanent term if its whole life? Guaranteed UL is like permanent term, is it guaranteed UL or whole life?

Did it actually lapse lapse? If its not been cancelled you might try reviving it. Had a client that did that couple years ago, albeit they were much younger and healthy. Just forgot to make payment. Carrier worked with them to get it reinstated.

How much was the other policy and premium? It seems that it can't possibly be better now unless you are drastically reducing the db.

If he didn't have the money for the other, will he have it for something new you may be able to get him now?

My dad is 65, has a history of heart disease but in 13 he got a standard rated whole life policy with me through western southern. He let that lapse this week and while i'm going to try to re write him i wanted to know if you all think another company would do better for him. He had a 25k DB more like a permanent term but was whole life. In 2014 he had a aneurysm and totaled his car, been on warfarin every sense along with the same medicine he was on in 13 for his heart. non smoker, i can quote him 90 a month standard for 25k, just wanted to know if there was anything else better out there. Thank you

Many companies will allow a client to reinstate without evidence of instability for 60 days or so.

Reinstate that as soon as possible!

If he can't afford 90 bucks a month, any good and decent Son would cover that for him. After all, you're probably the beneficiary.

Back