Need Contracting Advice..for NAA

S

stricknaa

For the last 14 months I've been with....NAA. I've heard and read alot here so I'm not looking for a re-hashing of any of that. I want to know if I can write with a different carrier NOT using NAA leads of course, contracting with another agency. If you are with or have been with NAA and tried this, is that considered a breach of contract or does it violate the Non-compete clause?

Just looking for advice on this

Re: Need Contracting Advice...

Most likely that would not be a problem. Why don't you simply cut and run?

Move on quietly and you won't have any problems. Where people get into trouble is when they start telling everyone where they are going, etc. and attempt to bring other agents along that were downline or crossline from them. Do that and you'll find your contract challenged. Go away quietly and they have more do than wondering what you're up to.

For the last 14 months I've been with....NAA. I've heard and read alot here so I'm not looking for a re-hashing of any of that. I want to know if I can write with a different carrier NOT using NAA leads of course, contracting with another agency. If you are with or have been with NAA and tried this, is that considered a breach of contract or does it violate the Non-compete clause?

Just looking for advice on this

It's mainly gonna depend on whether you have agents under you with NAA.

Their mantra is "with us or against us", but, I did have contracts with other carriers when I was with NAA. My upline manager knew that and it was never mentioned. I didn't have have any agents under me.

Another guy I know had something like 80 agents under him. He signed up with some MA companies to offer those plan when the need arose. That was not in conflict with any carrier that NAA had. They pulled his contracts and took his agents.

He tried to fight them for a while, but, it became too expensive and too time consuming for him to continue.

Best thing to do is, if you want to write for others, just cut the ties with NAA and write for others.

If you are talking FE. Under 100% is not the norm. And by trailing you mean renewals then yes. I do not do FE only or leads. so others can answer better.

Thanks for the replies

Another concern with leaving is: does 100% commission exist? Is it normal to see a "trailing" commission for 10 years from a carrier?

The agency that's trying to recruit me... I've never met the MGA face-to-face and they require a lead order at the outset, a minimum of $400 bucks. Who forks over $400 w/o ever meeting someone?

I figured I can check with the carriers but really what would they know about the agency's lead business even if I find the agency legit?

If NAA kept 45% when I could've began at 100% elsewhere:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The agency is Ellis and Forbes:skeptical:. Sound familiar to anyone??
Man Andy Albright can pull some wool.:mad::embarrassed:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I posted why. Don't want to have a reason to return basically. The grass is greener...this MGA could be shoveling manure

Thanks for the replies

Another concern with leaving is: does 100% commission exist? Is it normal to see a "trailing" commission for 10 years from a carrier?

The agency that's trying to recruit me... I've never met the MGA face-to-face and they require a lead order at the outset, a minimum of $400 bucks. Who forks over $400 w/o ever meeting someone?

I figured I can check with the carriers but really what would they know about the agency's lead business even if I find the agency legit?

If NAA kept 45% when I could've began at 100% elsewhere:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The agency is Ellis and Forbes:skeptical:. Sound familiar to anyone??
Man Andy Albright can pull some wool.:mad::embarrassed:

I posted why. Don't want to have a reason to return basically. The grass is greener...this MGA could be shoveling manure

once bitten...I don't want to get screwed again like I see I am now. I made a more detailed post below

Since you are coming from NAA I am assuming you are asking about Mortgage Holder Leads and Term products to sell to them. Yes it is very possible depending on carrier and production to get 100% or more contracts most term carriers do not pay renewals your renewal is 15-20 years down the road when their health has changed and you convert them to a permanent product....If your asking about joining an agency for the benefit of leads well I can't help you there as long as your dependent on someone else for prospecting your going to run into situations your not going to love and feel like you can't go elsewhere because you need leads....here is an idea if you want to work the mortgage market cut out the middleman go to your county courthouse and look up new mortgage filings it will be free look up their numbers and call them or knock on their door and introduce yourself " Hi I'm Joe Blow and noticed you just finalized a mortgage on this property wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood and yadda yadda yaddda"

I have an agency that claims they generate FE leads that I can get 24 hours later as opposed to the 1-6 month old ones I'm calling on. Appreciate all the help. 100% commish here I come!!

Of course they claim that! Odds they're legit? Not encouraging. Care to share with the class?

Was that voice broadcasting or were they telemarketed? If that was voice broadcasting then it's illegal now.

Back