Need Help with Contestability Clause

vtecvick

I am about to deliver two polices but my client wont sign it due to past stories shes heard of people not being paid out on death claims. I told her that the payout can only be contested the first two years.

Where can I find the California law on this to show her. I tried finding it on the CA DOI but didn't have much luck.

I am about to deliver two polices but my client wont sign it due to past stories shes heard of people not being paid out on death claims. I told her that the payout can only be contested the first two years.

Where can I find the California law on this to show her. I tried finding it on the CA DOI but didn't have much luck.

Read the contract that you have to deliver to her. It is in there.

Even if it is within the contestability period all it means is that they can investigate to see if fraud occurred. As long as she didnt lie on the app and does not try to defraud it wont be an issue.

Tell her as long as she didn't intentionally lie on the application, she doesn't need to worry about it.
Then, look her in the eyes and ask if she lied to you.

Back