Need A Solid IMO For Real Production - Help!

TheCatManDo

Expert
Hello! Overall, I'm still fairly new to the forum, but thought I'd try to give this a shot. I need help finding a real IMO in a hurry that will offer the contracts at the appropriate level immediately in exchange for a serious production commitment that WILL be met. Been in the business for a LONG time (30+ years), have my own help and resources and don't need any hand-holding. In truth, I'm probably the easiest production any marketing company could ask for. I've made a couple of calls the last couple of days and I'm tired of talking to these kids at these marketing companies that don't know the first thing about this industry and don't have the authority to offer the levels needed. In truth, I talked to 2 of these kids at different companies and got so irritated that I'm trying the forum for guidance. Basically, I just don't have time to play games and get the run-around. Help! I'm commiting $250K placed in my/our sleep, assuming the right relationship, and as much as $500K placed for 2015 still trying to be somewhat conservative. Again, just need to talk to someone in the business more than a week with the authority to deal. Point me in the right direction please forum and help me get in touch with who I need to speak to. Your assistance is very sincerely appreciated!

I need help finding a real IMO in a hurry that will offer the contracts at the appropriate level immediately in exchange for a serious production commitment that WILL be met. Been in the business for a LONG time (30+ years), have my own help and resources and don't need any hand-holding.

With your past production wouldn't your current IMO have you at the appropriate levels ?

With your past production wouldn't your current IMO have you at the appropriate levels ?

Not saying this is what happened, but most of us that have been around as long as him have a couple of difficult issues with that.

1. probably has no production in the past year.
2. got screwed in a divorce and needed to keep income low as not to pay through the nose in Alimony/Wife support.
3. medical issues because we are at least in our 50's, we do get them as most old farts have at least a P-R-OCEDURE by now and have low production in the past year or two.
4. us old farts know how to run circles around you wipper snappers when it comes to producing $10k in annual premium per case and don't need a snot nose at some IMO that has never sold anything telling us what we need to do.

I got 10 more it you need to hear more.....
;);)

Do you have any proof of production via tax returns in the last 30 years? I can understand some low years, but if I can have proof of sequential large production years I would pay out the comp.

Seems strange to me that you have been in business for 30 years and don't know how to find an IMO. Since you don't need any hand holding why don't you just get appointed direct with Ohio National and Midland and off you go.

So although I agree in principle with the previous replies as to whether or not he needs an IMO. I really do need one. I am leaving my captive Final Expense company and really would like to hear relevant advice on good IMO. Currently I have from TR King and FFP. Any others I should look at? Please no replies from NAA. Brokers alliance or Securus. I've already heard about them.

So although I agree in principle with the previous replies as to whether or not he needs an IMO. I really do need one. I am leaving my captive Final Expense company and really would like to hear relevant advice on good IMO. Currently I have from TR King and FFP. Any others I should look at? Please no replies from NAA. Brokers alliance or Securus. I've already heard about them.

Todd at TR King is a good choice. He has all the good companies and is more than fair with contract levels. Doubt you could do better at contract levels.

If you need anyone to bounce ideas on or general assistance with Direct mail lead companies. Just send me a PM and am more than happy to assist.

Skipper.

Hey guys! I'm sorry. That was my fault. I suppose I could have been more clear. In truth, I expected some agency names/referrals to go ahead and call and I would explain everything on the phone. But, I'm happy to provide some extra info. here.

Here's the situation. I have had a partner for a number of years now. We have "shared" contracts over the years, not that uncommon really, and in the past few years really all of our agency contracts have been in my partners' name. We've both done some recruiting, not so much in the recent past, but I'm looking to jump back in that game. My partner really isn't so much. Yes, we ARE both older gentleman, but my partner is even a good bit older than me and is really mostly retired and sailing into the sunset, if you know what I mean. We've got a nice book built and some shared compensation and all of that is being left completely alone. That being said, I have about a dozen producers, MY guys, that I brought in and trained solely and my partner and I completely agree on all of that. So, I'm going to continue to work with my 12 guys, ALL no-nonsense solid writers, and I'd like to add some more over the coming months. In my recruiting philosophy, I don't bring on stiffs. My recruiting is solely for producers and I don't just carry dead names on a list. I just really don't have the time for that. Again, I work with my guys directly and can support them well without the need for much extra help from the IMO. As I said, really I just need the contracts. So, the prior production not having been in my name, you may see some of the problem. But, I also know I could sit down and make the calls and I'll find what I'm looking for. I was just hoping you guys could save me some time by referring me some names of people who don't mess around with half-wits in their offices, have the authority to deal, so you would save me the needless extra phone calls.

I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about. I called LifePro, for example. I understand them to be a decent group and I think I've even met Bill Zimmerman once or twice on a convention or 2 back in the day, if my old man's memory serves. I certainly don't know him well enough to pick up the phone and exactly ask for him directly by name, although I probably should have, but I just figured I'd give his staff a try. This was the second and last phone I made I mentioned and that's why I'm trying the forum. I truly don't mean to rude about this, but the kid I talked to at LifePro couldn't have been around more than a week and didn't have the first clue about anything he was talking about. He offered me a fairly low street level contract, without really listening and especially understanding what I was saying to him, and I suspect the contract he offered me was the only "one-size-fits-all" contract he was authorized to offer. I very respectfully declined because the contract he offered is the level I would need to give my agents, again GOOD agents, and I of course need a reasonable override as well. The part that made me fall out of my chair was that he told me, unless I misunderstood him, that I could pick up an extra nickel on the contract if I paid him (LifePro) $25 to join their "elite club" of some kind! I'm not even joking guys. I wish I were. Can you believe that??? What kind of joke is that??? In 30 years, I have never heard of essentially paying $25 for 5 points on a weak contract. ANY contract for that matter. What kind of truly nickel and dime sillyness is that??? How 'bout my pledged $250k for a few more points??? THAT'S what made me come on here for some guidance because I do NOT have the time for those kinds of phone calls, as I'm sure we can all appreciate.

By the way, I'm also not asking for the top-top contract. I am MORE than happy to prove myself, on top of a pledged and signed premium commitment. I just need to be able to pay guys at least "street" and I need 10-15 points atop that. So, I'm looking for really a 110-115. Plus, I just want the ability to move up from there and hit all of the bonus levels below my upline with acceptable production and truly quality business. Again, I'm just looking for the starting point. And, if I don't meet my pledge, which I WILL or die trying by the way, take the points away and put me back on an agent level contract. Truly, I don't think I'm asking for anything unreasonable and again am NOT asking to placed immediately up there on the top, top levels just based on a production pledge.

Also, answering one of the other posts, I'm not going to say that my partner and I have a falling out because we really don't, but I don't want to go to the current upline for the separate contracts for 2 reasons. First, there's a lot of politics there and that could start an actual rift and falling out between my partner and I that doesn't even currently exist. I need to keep that relationship smooth and calm because I've got money coming in there as well, as I mentioned. Second, outside of the contracts, I don't really think too highly of the current IMO. They're nice enough people and they try, but I'd like access to a better selection of carriers and some additional resources already in place that my producers and I might be able to piggy-back on. So, to answer the frankly odd post in here, I don't need any hand-holding to find someone and explain the situation, I was just hoping the forum might be able to save me time, as I'm kind of in a hurry to get everything in place and get rolling.

Finally, I also personally produce. I ALWAYS have, I love selling and I'm very, very good at it. I've got a production relationship with a really solid outfit that's got a neat, pretty modern system and it's really working and I'm making some money. But, I'm on an adjusted producer/agent level contract because they pay for my leads. It's very fair, but not a level I can recruit under. That's not the point of that relationship, obviously. And, this firm, while I'm able to do some recruiting to their program if I chose to, just isn't really built for the more traditional, fully heirarchical field-based hiring model. That by their own admission which I truly appreciate them not trying to be something they're not. THAT'S why I need the outside IMO.

Oh, and really finally, I appreciate the comments about going directly to a carrier or 2 and the couple that were mentioned are certainly good companies. However, I'd like access to several solid carriers all through one relationship, if possible. I certainly don't plan to spread myself all over heck, but carriers and products change, for better or worse, and it's nice to have access to those carriers, if I decide later I need them. AND, I don't want to do this search twice, again if you know what I mean.

So... Now understanding the situation. Guide me forum! Who should I call?

Lastly, again I'm kind of new to the forum, but what's up with these dumb posts suspicious of this or that or whatever. I don't know who you think you are or why you think those posts are helpful, but I assure you they're not. I'm asking for some genuine input and guidance from knowledgable professionals. If you don't have anything intelligent to add, please don't post. I'm just looking for a good home, don't want to waste anyone's time, as I've said, and then it's "end thread".

Thank you again and I'm awaiting your responses:)

Back