Need Some Advise/help please

lfiffe

Hello All,

I’m new to this forum, as you can see, but thank you for reading. My problem is that I’ve been trying to get back in to the insurance business, but it has been very difficult for me. Due to two life changing events, money is a big challenge for me.

Starting with Lincoln Heritage, only to find out that there leads left a lot to be desired. I then got involved with Howe Insurance Services, but when I told my upline that I needed to start part time, they canceled all of my contracts and told me to call them when I wanted to go full time.

Last year I got involved with TWA working with military individuals and I was very successful selling (with virtually no training) their universal life product, but my manager was very difficult (PTSD) to work with and I ended up leaving after only two months.

At this point I’m feeling like a tennis ball bouncing from organization to organization not knowing how it will work out. Bad/no product training, out and out lying, or a 40% contract. It’s been a struggle to say the least.

My other problem is that I have an acquaintance (28 y.o. male, non tobacco user) that wants a $500,000 20 pay policy for around $5,000/year, but I don’t have a company that I can write the policy with. I’m currently contracted with 5 Star along with a few others (I think), and licensed in KS.

I would like to find a good carrier that has a 20 pay life, FE and supplemental products that I could contract with directly. I just need a little help to get back on track, But any feed back would be great.

Thank you for reading and replying.

Were I in your shoes I would start by contacting as many carriers I could to go direct with them to start. Especially if you know you've got a policy ready to be written. Try Ohio National, Cincinnati Life, and Minnesota Life.

Good luck!

In addition to going direct with the companies that allow it, you may also want to have a good upline help you with some Final Expense companies (for the older clients, which is what Lincoln Heritage was for). I would recommend Todd King on the forum. He has access to lots of companies, is knowledgeable, available to talk with if you need help, and is not overly arrogant. Good luck.

Were I in your shoes I would start by contacting as many carriers I could to go direct with them to start. Especially if you know you've got a policy ready to be written. Try Ohio National, Cincinnati Life, and Minnesota Life.

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply.

----------

Jerard, thank you so much for your help.

The truth is he'll never make it in the insurance business without leads. Since he has no money and wants to work part time his options are limited.He needs a few K to buy some direct mail and avatar leads and get a mentor to train him before going out on appts. He needs to do ride alongs. If he has zero money then he needs to deliver pizza at night for a few months and say his money for leads. Those are the hard cold facts. If he comes in this business dead broke then the chances of making it are slim.

The truth is he'll never make it in the insurance business without leads. Since he has no money and wants to work part time his options are limited.He needs a few K to buy some direct mail and avatar leads and get a mentor to train him before going out on appts. He needs to do ride alongs. If he has zero money then he needs to deliver pizza at night for a few months and say his money for leads. Those are the hard cold facts. If he comes in this business dead broke then the chances of making it are slim.

The cold hard facts, are that lots of life agents make it without buying leads.

Even in the FE market (which it seems your post is more directed at) TONS of agents have made a career of FE going D2D cold.

I bought maybe 20 leads my first year in life insurance. Most of them were a bust and a waste of money. Probably 90% of my income the first 3 years came from my natural market and cold calling. Same for the many other agents that worked in the same office.

------------

This industry is full of stories of agents who did not have 2 pennies to rub together on their first day. Guys who had to put the licensing exam on a credit card or have a family member help them pay for it because they were so broke.

Selling Fully-Underwritten products to the middle market does not require buying leads. But it does require everyone you know, knowing that you are a life agent (called your natural market). Along with networking and other classic local marketing methods for life sales (such as a fishbowl).

Selling FE does not require buying leads. But it does require cold knocking on hundreds of doors.

------------

Im not saying this guy should or shouldnt keep going. It sounds like he has been with some subpar companies so far. Lots of shady outfits out there. And it does help a lot to have some savings for a safety net during slow months. But this career does not require thousands of dollars for marketing. Despite what some FE agents around here claim.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back