New Agent! Advice Needed.

jspyder85

Hey,

I'm a new Life agent who has recently gained my license and about to begin working. An agency in my small town who focuses on P&C is hiring me to expand their life business. I know the family who owns it and feel great about the opportunity. As they have focused on P&C, I don't think they have been offering Life through the best sources. Currently, I know they are quoting through Grange, Nationwide, and AutoOwners.

Who would be some of the first life companies you'd suggest we sign up with? How difficult is that process to get a brokerage signed up?

Also, feel free to share any other advice if you have experience in the setting I'm entering. They are going to be handing me a database of customers who have P&C with them but not Life.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hey,

I'm a new Life agent who has recently gained my license and about to begin working. An agency in my small town who focuses on P&C is hiring me to expand their life business. I know the family who owns it and feel great about the opportunity. As they have focused on P&C, I don't think they have been offering Life through the best sources. Currently, I know they are quoting through Grange, Nationwide, and AutoOwners.

Who would be some of the first life companies you'd suggest we sign up with? How difficult is that process to get a brokerage signed up?

Also, feel free to share any other advice if you have experience in the setting I'm entering. They are going to be handing me a database of customers who have P&C with them but not Life.

Where are you located at?

Companies that offer loose underwriting will be great for your situation. Many people coming to you will people that get declined with Allstate , State Farm, ect. It's an easy way for you to position yourself as an expert!

Here's the companies I reccomend:

Term & IUL:
Royal Neighbors of America - offers instant approval electronic applications. No medical exam required on most cases. Free member benefits.

Phoenix - offers instant approval electronic applications. Living benefits included for no additional charge. Will cover insulin diabetics & marijuana use among other things. Absolutely no medical exam with their products. Possible APS at the worst.

Americo - instant approval eApp. Absolutely no medical exams. Has a great Cash Back Option which is very attractive for young people where if they don't die by the end of their term they get all their money back.

Life Insurance Co of the Southwest - No instant approval application. Great living benefits included with all products. Very good IUL products also.

Lincoln Financial - Instant approval application. Great living benefits included with all products. Also has very good IUL products (I own one myself).

Final Expense (Simplified Issue Whole Life):

Royal Neighbors of America - loosest underwriting in the industry right now. No height & weight chart. Is okay with many health conditions like insulin use, neuropathy, blood thinners, walker use, afib, and mini strokes just to name a few (all I mentioned would be first day coverage & good rates).

Liberty Bankers Life - One of the few final expense products that goes to lower ages. Accepts Hep C, COPD, Parkinson's, and many other conditions for first day coverage & good rates.

Americo - Instant approval electronic application process. Approves many medical conditions. Policy delivered very quick.

AIG - Instant approval e-app. This product is for the sickest of the sick people. No medical questions & competitive rates compared to other Guaranteed Issue products. Includes living benefits for no additional charge.

If you have any questions let me know. I can send you my underwriting cheat sheet. If this is done the correct way you can drum up a lot of business for your agency for sure!

Hey,

P&C is a tough racket for sure. While over time as their book of business grows so will their income, it is many years in the making. Typically at places like that, you will be doing a lot of cold calling and working on some sort of salary with a very small commission.

With all that being said, I have been in both the Mortgage Protection side of insurance and am now 100% focused on Final Expense. I will tell you, I would never go back to selling any other type of insurance. I bring on many new agents into insurance, train them and teach them how to be successful and most do great. Mentality, coach-ability and work ethic will eventually determine your success no matter which niche you decide to focus on.

P&C is a tough racket for sure. While over time as their book of business grows so will their income, it is many years in the making. Typically at places like that, you will be doing a lot of cold calling and working on some sort of salary with a very small commission.

With all that being said, I have been in both the Mortgage Protection side of insurance and am now 100% focused on Final Expense. I will tell you, I would never go back to selling any other type of insurance. I bring on many new agents into insurance, train them and teach them how to be successful and most do great. Mentality, coach-ability and work ethic will eventually determine your success no matter which niche you decide to focus on.

I'm actually starting my online class shortly and considering the FE niche vs MS-or both at some point in the future. Boy the divide is real between FE and Term guys. FE has a bad wrap for some reason. But it seems to be a very lucrative market to focus on..

----------

I just noticed you're with EFES - BBowman in FE forum is running hog wild -- do you two work together?

I'm actually starting my online class shortly and considering the FE niche vs MS-or both at some point in the future. Boy the divide is real between FE and Term guys. FE has a bad wrap for some reason. But it seems to be a very lucrative market to focus on..

----------

I just noticed you're with EFES - BBowman in FE forum is running hog wild -- do you two work together?

We absolutely do. He has taught me so much that helped make me even more successful than I already was. I have taken that knowledge and now pour it into all of my agents. With my military and law enforcement background I developed a servent style of leadership. As much as I love helping my clients, being able to give back to my agents just as Ben (Bboman23) did for me makes each day just that much sweeter. Can be hectic and time consuming at times, but I can honestly say that I get to work daily with some of the most amazing guys out in the field today.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back