New Agent Advice.....

cshortal

I am moving to a new city in the next few weeks and would like some advice on how to find life insurance clients. I would like to target newlyweds because I am recently married and can relate with that target market. The issue is I do not know how to find them. I feel like I could really describe the importance of life insurance to newlyweds and could do a good job selling it. Are there any lists I can buy or anything like that that has a list of newlyweds in an area? I have seen some sites listed online but I do not know if they are accurate or scams or whatnot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

I am moving to a new city in the next few weeks and would like some advice on how to find life insurance clients. I would like to target newlyweds because I am recently married and can relate with that target market. The issue is I do not know how to find them. I feel like I could really describe the importance of life insurance to newlyweds and could do a good job selling it. Are there any lists I can buy or anything like that that has a list of newlyweds in an area? I have seen some sites listed online but I do not know if they are accurate or scams or whatnot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

when I first started out at met life we had a agent that would go through the paper for wedding announcements and cut out the announcement and put it in a card and mail to them with his card.....

Since newspapers are going the way of the dodo... the only other way to get reliable marriage information would be at a county clerk recorder's office.

Personally, I would expand your ideal profile to be within +/- 5 years of your age, married, gainfully employed. I don't know if resident status or children are important to you, but homeowners with children generally have more to protect and provide for.

You can buy lists with that kind of information all day long.

when I first started out at met life we had a agent that would go through the paper for wedding announcements and cut out the announcement and put it in a card and mail to them with his card.....

This is an excellent way to sell term and small DI policies and to build a book of business to sell to in the future.

Families of means still post their children's wedding announcement in the paper. At least they do around here. And now since most papers are online too, its on the web as well as in print.

Buy a bulk package of frames and print out the color picture (on nice photo paper) from the local newspapers website. Frame the pic and send it to them along with a congratulations card and a business card. At the bottom of the card write a note that mentions "if you would like to ensure your new families financial future I would be glad to help". I would probably put a sample rate card for term in with it as well.

This was never really my market so I never did it. But I knew a photography company that did this for the engagement announcements. They gained A LOT of biz from it and have done it for over 30 years now. I suggested it to an agent years ago and he had great results.

Thank you all for the advice. Unfortunately the courthouse where I am moving to wont let you check marriage records without knowing the names of the couple. I know they do post some marriages in the newspapers and I love the idea of the frames but how would I find out the addresses of the couple?

Thank you all for the advice. Unfortunately the courthouse where I am moving to wont let you check marriage records without knowing the names of the couple. I know they do post some marriages in the newspapers and I love the idea of the frames but how would I find out the addresses of the couple?

Whitepages

Was that effective?

Was that effective?

The top agent in our John Hancock office clipped and mailed Wedding, birth and promotion announcements. Did follow up mailings and calls. Many times he was mailing a birth notice to someone he had mailed an engagement then wedding notice to. Got to be very well known in the area.

Back