New Agent and Life Leads

Kkeith

Hello I'm Krystal, I'm new to the forum and a new agent, I work for a broker and write life insurance for 6 different carriers. My company provides leads at a good price but these people did not inquire about life insurance, sometimes it ends in a sale but in new and most of the time it ends in failure....I am wondering if looking into a lead company that provides people who are actually looking for life insurance would be beneficial or a waste of money and time. I don't know where to inquire about leads or even how to go about selling on those leads, all I really know is the presentation my company taught with the leads they provide. Any advice on the lead topic or just advice for a new agent is greatly appreciated and I'm glad to be apart of the community :)

Hello I'm Krystal, I'm new to the forum and a new agent, I work for a broker and write life insurance for 6 different carriers. My company provides leads at a good price but these people did not inquire about life insurance, sometimes it ends in a sale but in new and most of the time it ends in failure....I am wondering if looking into a lead company that provides people who are actually looking for life insurance would be beneficial or a waste of money and time. I don't know where to inquire about leads or even how to go about selling on those leads, all I really know is the presentation my company taught with the leads they provide. Any advice on the lead topic or just advice for a new agent is greatly appreciated and I'm glad to be apart of the community :)

Your company is not providing leads. The definition of a lead is that they inquired about your product or service.

Sounds like your company is just providing a list. Tell them no thanks. You already have a phone book.

Your company is not providing leads. The definition of a lead is that they inquired about your product or service.

Sounds like your company is just providing a list. Tell them no thanks. You already have a phone book.

It's a card that gets mailed to certain demographics. It says projected Medicare changes and explains about it and mentions a final expense plan for seniors on low or limited income is available and people send the cards back in if they have questions and we go to their house and do the presentation. The new cards are $7 and cards that people have already been to are free

It's a card that gets mailed to certain demographics. It says projected Medicare changes and explains about it and mentions a final expense plan for seniors on low or limited income is available and people send the cards back in if they have questions and we go to their house and do the presentation. The new cards are $7 and cards that people have already been to are free

That's better than a phone book. But still a weak lead. You shouldn't have to pay anything for them if they have you way under 115% commission levels.

That's better than a phone book. But still a weak lead. You shouldn't have to pay anything for them if they have you way under 115% commission levels.

I make a base salary every week and then there's commission levels. The level I'm on now the highest us 12.5% with the highest level at 50% I think +base and there are bonuses if you get x amount a week

I make a base salary every week and then there's commission levels. The level I'm on now the highest us 12.5% with the highest level at 50% I think +base and there are bonuses if you get x amount a week
Sounds like a bad deal. They should at least be providing you with real FE leads, not the combo leads.

What's the weeky base salary?

How much AP do you have to write to hit the 50% commish level?

Even though those leads aren't exactly "free", it would be good for you to check this out so you understand exactly where you're getting screwed!

https://www.trkingim.com/blog-post/true-cost-captive-insurance-agent/

Back