New Agent, Multiple Option

Any agency that wants new green agents recruiting other agents is a churn n burn. Plenty of huge ones out there. Doesn't make them a good place.

Do your research.

I’m also a new agent looking for a home...question...is it a negative to recruit agents when you’re new? At what point in your career should you start?

I’m also a new agent looking for a home...question...is it a negative to recruit agents when you’re new? At what point in your career should you start?

Negative? Has the individual recruiting you fully disclosed your financial responsibility for those you recruit? Or has he/she only talked about the passive income you'll enjoy?

imho, you should not recruit until you've experienced personal success in the industry AND you can accept the financial liability that goes hand in hand with a downline.

Babies recruiting babies is the mlm model.

Worked over expensive leads, zero training and managers that do not know anything about selling or the products.

Good luck with that.

Never even think of recruiting until you know your products and have had success in selling. You need to have a solid foundation before you recruit. Also, plan on a pay cut when you start recruiting, so you better have a good bank before you start.

Skipper

I would be allowed to do so much with them. I would have great mentorship by seasoned agents and money managers, they actually just struck a deal with mortgage company that is giving us pretty stellar leads for a override on the commission, so marketing is improving. I also have developed a pretty good relationship with one of the senior guys there and he is willing to pass me lots of his extra work for a small 5% override on some 80-100% contracts. Also, I am loving the products we are selling, they really help people plan for their future, so I did end up going with the smaller agency!

When I was a new agent I went straight to a big nationally known company. I wanted a place that I could work from home, help families, define my income and make my own hours without being pushed to do things I am not comfortable with or ready to do. When I found the company I work for now I was at my "give up" point. I am sooo happy and finally with a company that is about the Agent and taking care of families!!!

Do your research on your "upline"...especially if they talk about how much money they and their agents make. APV and placed are two entirely different things. MLM's celebrate APV, but never talk about placed and paid...much less chargebacks on advanced commissions.

Remember, hiring upline is a salesperson trying to sell you on working for them. Once in an MLM, your upline will still be recruiting (just like they did you) and you may not get the attention you expect or were told.

At Symmetry you will start out at a 60% contract rate and be eligible to increase 5% every two months (based off of production). Symmetry tops out at 80% commission unless you have at least 7 other agents writing for you.

MLM's are a good place to learn the basics but don't expect to be there long...many are not.

I would only contract through a few companies if you go the MLM route. That way when you leave, you can use other companies to write with. None of the MLMs will release you when you leave. You'll have to wait 6 months to write that carrier again.

My company pays up to 110% commissions on issued paid business. I started 3 months ago at a 75% commission rate.
Equis also will let you leave without holding you to an extended period of time before you can write business with another company. The thought is, if you don't see the value and want to succeed with us. That's ok, we wish you the best of luck in the future. That is just a few reasons why it is the Agent's Company. I will never punch another time clock or work for another MLM again.

Last edited:
My company pays up to 110% commissions on issued paid business. I started 3 months ago at a 75% commission rate.
Equis also will let you leave without holding you to an extended period of time before you can write business with another company. The thought is, if you don't see the value and want to succeed with us. That's ok, we wish you the best of luck in the future. That is just a few reasons why it is the Agent's Company. I will never punch another time clock or work for another MLM again.

Why you are told by your upline and what is in your contract are two different things.

The Euiqs website states:

"At Equis we provide the most aggressive compensation plan for our agents. Our agents start on high commission schedules with clear promotion standards. Motivated agents quickly earn higher and higher contract levels."

"Agency builders can use the Equis turn-key system to build successful, profitable agencies."

Sounds like what all MLM's say.

Out of curiosity, EliteLegacyWealth, what are the promotional guidelines for Equis?

Back