Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum

Reply to New Agent, Multiple Option     
Old 08-23-2017, 07:34 AM   #11
Guru
Deadlily on New Agent, Multiple Option

State: Deadlily is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
New Agent, Multiple Option Re: New Agent, Multiple Option
Originally Posted by Blindguide View Post
Im also a new agent looking for a home...question...is it a negative to recruit agents when youre new? At what point in your career should you start?
Negative? Has the individual recruiting you fully disclosed your financial responsibility for those you recruit? Or has he/she only talked about the passive income you'll enjoy?

imho, you should not recruit until you've experienced personal success in the industry AND you can accept the financial liability that goes hand in hand with a downline.

------------------------------------
If you want to be a leader who attracts quality people,
the key is to become a person of quality yourself.

- Jim Rohn
  Reply With Quote to New Agent, Multiple Option
Old 08-27-2017, 12:52 AM   #12
Expert

State: ginniferhadley is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by baajluni View Post
I think I am leaning towards the smaller agency. Helping people plan their financial future is why I want to work in this business!
This is so thoughtful of you! Good luck for your career.

Shawn Camp Insurance Agency, Inc.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:38 AM   #13
Guru
TwiLight on New Agent, Multiple Option

State: TwiLight is an Insurance Agent from Michigan
TwiLight is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Babies recruiting babies is the mlm model.

Worked over expensive leads, zero training and managers that do not know anything about selling or the products.

Good luck with that.

Never even think of recruiting until you know your products and have had success in selling. You need to have a solid foundation before you recruit. Also, plan on a pay cut when you start recruiting, so you better have a good bank before you start.

Skipper

Fresh Mortgage Protection Leads.
Chat with 'The Skipper" for a more detailed discussion.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:03 PM   #14

State: baajluni is an Insurance Agent from
New Agent, Multiple Option Re: New Agent, Multiple Option baajluni is the thread starter for: New Agent, Multiple Option

I would be allowed to do so much with them. I would have great mentorship by seasoned agents and money managers, they actually just struck a deal with mortgage company that is giving us pretty stellar leads for a override on the commission, so marketing is improving. I also have developed a pretty good relationship with one of the senior guys there and he is willing to pass me lots of his extra work for a small 5% override on some 80-100% contracts. Also, I am loving the products we are selling, they really help people plan for their future, so I did end up going with the smaller agency!
Old 09-06-2017, 09:39 PM   #15

State: baajluni is an Insurance Agent from
New Agent, Multiple Option Re: New Agent, Multiple Option baajluni is the thread starter for: New Agent, Multiple Option

Thank you for the link!
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #16

State: EliteLegacyWealth is an Insurance Agent from
When I was a new agent I went straight to a big nationally known company. I wanted a place that I could work from home, help families, define my income and make my own hours without being pushed to do things I am not comfortable with or ready to do. When I found the company I work for now I was at my "give up" point. I am sooo happy and finally with a company that is about the Agent and taking care of families!!!
Reply to New Agent, Multiple Option 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Life Insurance Forum