New Life Agent Here. Should I Sell Mortgage Protection or Final Expense?

JohnnyRain

I recently got my license in MN. I had planned on selling mortgage protection however I feel that the leads for final expense would be more solid. With the first, there could be a lot of issues as far as the prospect not even caring about life insurance. With FE, if someone is a lead, they would seem to have become that way on a more serious level than someone that simply just bought a home or got married. Thanks guys.

I recently got my license in MN. I had planned on selling mortgage protection however I feel that the leads for final expense would be more solid. With the first, there could be a lot of issues as far as the prospect not even caring about life insurance. With FE, if someone is a lead, they would seem to have become that way on a more serious level than someone that simply just bought a home or got married. Thanks guys.

Deal with the FE older market. Seniors rarely cancel appointments, you have all daylight activity and seniors need med supps. I made the move to the senior market in 1990 and probably would have quit if I stayed in the younger market. My market know is weatlth transfer and med supps. Also work on getting your Series 6 because seniors are looking for places to put their money instead of banks.

Sell Both markets. FE in daytime and mortgage
early evening.See which one works the best.of
course my mortgage leads are the best.

Sell Both markets. FE in daytime and mortgage
early evening.See which one works the best.of
course my mortgage leads are the best.

Why would your mortgage leads be better? It would seem that anyone that somehow got on an FE lead list would do so willingly at some point.

. With Fe get ready for cat piss,dog crap,people who mail in 5 cards a yr and dirt poor people. With mortgage leads get ready for shoppers and 6-8 weeks of underwriting . Both tough in there own way.

Deal with the FE older market. Seniors rarely cancel appointments, you have all daylight activity and seniors need med supps. I made the move to the senior market in 1990 and probably would have quit if I stayed in the younger market. My market know is weatlth transfer and med supps. Also work on getting your Series 6 because seniors are looking for places to put their money instead of banks.

FE prospects definitely don't call to cancel appointments; they just leave before you show up.

Word to the Wise - a lead is only an OPPORTUNITY, NOT a prepackaged sale. Leads are simply people expressing at least a MARGINAL level of interest.

Of course, we all like to think there are sales in those leads, but the only way to find out where the sales exist, is to WORK the leads. This is true of any lead, final expense, mortgage protection, or otherwise.

My recommendation would be to talk to the organizations on the Forum that offer MP programs and FE programs, and do a little research on your behalf to figure out which opportunity fits you the best.

For MP, search for Forum Member Twilight; for FE, AgentGuy5, Newby, and bboman23 are good resources.

Since no one on here has any personal knowledge about you, it really is not possible to answer your question. The two markets are radically different in what they require of an agent. Not every agent has the personality type of the patience required to deal with the FE market. Not every agent will want to work the hours (schedule) that will be required to succeed in the MP market. Both have their drawbacks.. In the FE market, you have cat pee and in the MP market you have undisciplined kids. :1frown:

Best advice is to try both and decide which you like best.. not necessarily the one that pays the most but the one that you get up every morning thinking I can't wait to get to work. Or, at least share your likes and dislikes with some of the forum members and then maybe they can give you better advice.

Both, if it is applicable to your client.

Complete a financial review with every appointment you go to creating a bigger picture of who they are, what their finances may be, which in turn will determine insurance needs. Both are great products.

Back