New to the Life Game - Please Help

The real problem with mixing a MLM concept with insurance is it detracts from producers focusing on producing. Instead the seed is planted in their heads that all they really need to do is recruit and build a team and they'll be rich. I've spoken with Jen and I'm sure she'll agree that it's a failed concept that you're just gonna refer agents and get these override checks.

At least I'm saying it's not for everyone and I'm willing to help those who I speak with to find a home other than UandIWIN. As I said, UandIWin is not for everyone but, the benefits you get for $20 are huge. Agents who are relatively new and need more lines or an agent looking for a better deal, then UandIWin might work for them. It's non captive and you can sell anything you want through them or elsewhere. There is no where else in the industry I've seen the free training, reduced cost on leads, etc, and still allowed you to sell whatever you would like through whomever.

I think some of you are being to critical when you dont' realize the benefits a $20 bill can bring. A few don't see the huge benefit of the $20 bill.

Jenananda said:
At least I'm saying it's not for everyone and I'm willing to help those who I speak with to find a home other than UandIWIN. As I said, UandIWin is not for everyone but, the benefits you get for $20 are huge. Agents who are relatively new and need more lines or an agent looking for a better deal, then UandIWin might work for them. It's non captive and you can sell anything you want through them or elsewhere. There is no where else in the industry I've seen the free training, reduced cost on leads, etc, and still allowed you to sell whatever you would like through whomever.

I think some of you are being to critical when you dont' realize the benefits a $20 bill can bring. A few don't see the huge benefit of the $20 bill.

What are the costs for leads and how are the leads obtained?

jasonburr said:
Hello all. I have been lurking here for quite some time and need some help.

I am a independent P&C agent with 1 year experience. 90% of what I do is P&C. The other 10% is split between life, health and commercial. I would really like to increase my life policies, but don't push them due to lack of experience and knowledge.

I have the appointments available to sell Term, UL, and WL. To me, term is easy. I understand it and believe in it. But I also feel a need to promote permanent policies.

Because each company that I am with has their own agenda, it is very hard to get a straight answer about UL vs. WL. At this point I am ignorant about these products and need kind of a "Permanent LI 101."

Can anyone point me to a book, website, etc. to help me understand these concepts? Also any books about LI sales?

Thanks all.

Let me apologize for the antics of some on your thread requesting information and then a diatribe about UandIWin such as the MLM that followed. When I read your post originally I seen the last part about sales so I suggested books by authors that have had great success in sales with Life Insurance.

Yet I jumped right past your question about WL Vs UL, this is fairly simple if you ask me. My rule of thumb is this, if they need flexibility as in Premiums, Death Benefit or early loan provisions choose the UL, remember flexibility cost money. If they do not need flexibility in the above issues I find WL to be the obvious choice. Remember the UL was born because of the lack of flexiblility of the WL contract.

If you are selling lets say Key Man to a business the UL that has flexibility in lets say switching the "Insured" is invaluable! This way the business if need arises switch the insured fairly easily without dealing with issues that would arise in many WL situations. Or in my case, I purchase a UL and in ten years when the "COI' or Cost Of Insurance starts rising I simply move the insured to my son, remember I have the UL simply as a vehicle to hold money (as in equity management) as in safe harbor and I can remain as Owner of the Contract meaning I don't relinquish my control of the money inside the policy.

Yet if buy or sell a policy that only needs to provide the biggest DB possible for a flat premium a WL comes in number #1. Remember, flexibility always cost, I don't care if its Insurance or any other contract service, you pay for flexibility!

Back