New Mexico Life Test for Non Res to Res?

SunnyDaze

Expert
I can see what this says from the New Mexico Ins. Dept, but I am hoping someone will tell me I am not understanding, and that a Non Res really does not have to take the state exam when switching to Resident license?

I know I can study and take the test. Would rather not :nah:

Thanks. And while I am at it, for Albuquerque for example, with the high percentage of hispanics, is it really cliquey, or does a middle aged white gal have a good chance with life insurance sales? I want a new life and that city looks great.

Do Resident Agents switching from a Non Resident license to a Resident license have to take the New Mexico Insurance Examination?
Yes

I dont know about non-resident to resident license issue. However, as far as cliques go, I would rate Albuquerque pretty low. Having lived in NM my entire life, you would only run into this issue in very rural northern areas. Even at that, if you know your stuff and can back it up, you should have no issues.
Just my oppinion on the matter.:)

I dont know about non-resident to resident license issue. However, as far as cliques go, I would rate Albuquerque pretty low. Having lived in NM my entire life, you would only run into this issue in very rural northern areas. Even at that, if you know your stuff and can back it up, you should have no issues.
Just my oppinion on the matter.:)

Thanks, Agent M. I am happy to hear that part.

Back