Newsletters

LifeWorth

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm letting a lot of good prospects fall through the cracks. Most prospects will tell me no, as expected, but I need to take the advice of many and find a way to stay in front of them month after month after month. When they're finally ready to do business, they'll think of me.

Newsletters are a great way to do that, but I don't know the first thing about it. One page or two pages? Or a booklet?

Every week? Bi-weekly? Monthly?

What topics do I write about?

By mail? e-mail?

Include my picture or not?

I'd like to do an e-mail newsletter, because it's free, but I don't know how to make an actual newsletter format e-mail. When the e-mail gets opened, I want a brochure looking thing to appear for the client to read through. I don't want it to just be typed material like a normal e-mail.

How do you do your newsletters? What do you do for your newsletters?

I'm letting a lot of good prospects fall through the cracks. Most prospects will tell me no, as expected, but I need to take the advice of many and find a way to stay in front of them month after month after month. When they're finally ready to do business, they'll think of me.

Newsletters are a great way to do that, but I don't know the first thing about it. One page or two pages? Or a booklet?

Every week? Bi-weekly? Monthly?

What topics do I write about?

By mail? e-mail?

Include my picture or not?

I'd like to do an e-mail newsletter, because it's free, but I don't know how to make an actual newsletter format e-mail. When the e-mail gets opened, I want a brochure looking thing to appear for the client to read through. I don't want it to just be typed material like a normal e-mail.

How do you do your newsletters? What do you do for your newsletters?

First, what are your target markets.. That will have a lot to do,with your content.

One of the reasons I can't get behind IPS is the grammar and typos in their printed material. Even on the sample newsletter number one from the website you linked, they spell debts (plural) with an apostrophe (debt's). It might not be so obvious if it were tucked away in the text but this is in the title of an article.

Circle of Wealth publishes a quarterly newsletter free to system owners.

I fully 1,000% agree with you. It's my biggest (and only) complaint about the IPS.

I linked those articles for the content, not necessarily to recommend their newsletter. Even so, you can receive the Word .doc to make your own edits and corrections.

I fully 1,000% agree with you. It's my biggest (and only) complaint about the IPS.

I linked those articles for the content, not necessarily to recommend their newsletter. Even so, you can receive the Word .doc to make your own edits and corrections.

I find those types of mistakes on many sites I use. It's mistakes that simple spell-checking won't catch. Mostly punctuation (like what I referenced) or word confusion such as there - their - they're or principal- - principle, etc.

I agree that it's a good idea to use word.doc files to run a grammar check. Though not perfect, I find Word does a decent job of grammar, word choice, verb tense, etc.

BTW, is that Putin in your avatar?

While the color squiggly lines are helpful, I'm much better than any "spell check".

No, it's not Putin. Anthony Melchiorri of Hotel: Impossible on Travel Channel. :)

Any more than monthly and you'll just be bugging people. Any less than quarterly and it won't work. I've heard good theories on frequencies within that range and I'm sure it'll depend on what you put in it.

Mine is a monthly email about 1 page in length about seasonally appropriate things and some retirement/life insurance ones thrown in. This month is Halloween, last month was 3 big/common pitfalls when planning for retirement.

I get a newsletter once every two weeks from a mortgage broker I considered using the last time I bought a house. Even though we didn't end up going with him, he asked if he could treat us like he does his "preferred customers" by adding us to his contact list and emailing us his newsletter with news/trends/helpful tips/analysis for homeowners.

I only open it a fraction of the time, but I see it in my inbox (before usually deleting it) and the net effect is he remains top-of-mind the next time I need a mortgage broker or anyone asks me to refer one, while I can't even remember the name of the mortgage broker we actually used in that last transaction. Seems like a prospecting idea that translates easily to producers, and I'm sure one that many of you have heard before.

And if the subject line happens to catch my attention, I'll open it instead of deleting it. Good subject lines definitely have the biggest impact on the open rates for the newsletters we send out from Insurance Forums.

Back