Non-med Exam Life Insurance

pfg1

Guru
1000 Post Club
So a few questions for you guys who do alot of this, especially term.

What A carriers tend to be best in this space these days?

Who will go over $250k? What is the most a carrier will do non-med?

Who will issue pref rates on non-med?

Who actually has pricing that is reasonably competitive with fully uw?

Any besides Anico and LSW that will issue term with living benefits, non-med?

Anyone to particularly avoid?

I have a few folks I will be working with... based on discussions they sound like they should qualify preferred NT. Figured I'd look into who can do it without the med exam.

Thanks folks!!! :yes:

Both LSW and ANICO have recently introduced ACCELERATED underwriting.

Basically, it is for risks above the Non-med Limits ex: $250,001 to $1m. You are basically skipping the invasive procedures of Exam/Blood/HOS if the risk is under age 60 and would be a preferred risk on paper... (App/MIB/RX/MVR & Consumer Database).

Accelerated underwriting will issue all classes if the risk falls in that area.

Pure Non-Med is available for SBLI to $500k and some SI Term Carriers like Foresters & American Amicable will go to $400k Non-Med.

Skipper

Both LSW and ANICO have recently introduced ACCELERATED underwriting.

Basically, it is for risks above the Non-med Limits ex: $250,001 to $1m. You are basically skipping the invasive procedures of Exam/Blood/HOS if the risk is under age 60 and would be a preferred risk on paper... (App/MIB/RX/MVR & Consumer Database).

Accelerated underwriting will issue all classes if the risk falls in that area.

Pure Non-Med is available for SBLI to $500k and some SI Term Carriers like Foresters & American Amicable will go to $400k Non-Med.

Skipper

Thanks.

So will ANICO and LSW go to those higher amounts on Term polices also, or just Perm? I knew they had under $250k non-med, although LSW term has not priced very good last I looked.

I thought I heard at some point PRU would go up to higher amounts on non-med (accelerated uw) for term? I've also heard Lincoln, but again don't know specifics.

I have a few folks I will be working with... based on discussions they sound like they should qualify preferred NT. Figured I'd look into who can do it without the med exam.

besides true non-med products a lot of carriers are offering "express" underwriting. no exam on clean cases up to $1,000,000 depending on age. Banner, Lincoln, Hancock, etc.

SBLI will go non med (but they can order APS) up to 500k ... Rates are very close to fully underwritten and they issue preferred rates. Sagicor just got better pricing with their instant decision non med (true simplified issue unlike SBLI)

SBLI will go non med (but they can order APS) up to 500k ... Rates are very close to fully underwritten and they issue preferred rates. Sagicor just got better pricing with their instant decision non med (true simplified issue unlike SBLI)

They also have a rated plan that is nonmed also. Build chart is not bad.

Latest posts

Back