NYLife Vs Prudential???

After reviewing a "Periodic table of Investment Returns", it's quite possible that I'm "stepping over dollars to pick up pennies". With life insurance, we are quite concerned with ensuring that we'll have enough interest credited that we can not only keep the policy afloat, but have the cash values grow considerably as well.

Based on the past 20 years (through 2014 - I need to get the new one), being able to capture the large upside and subtracting the spread... these policies would be VERY NICE to have.

And yes, I believe that our stock market will continue to have decent upside volatility.

I highlighted in yellow the S&P 500 returns so you can review and compare to other indexes.

Attachments

• Asset Allocation Periodic table_new.pdf
    46.1 KB · Views: 9
I like simplicity. It's too easy to "over-engineer" these products. Even if there is a different index available, it will have its own cap/floor, etc. I like keeping things as simple to understand as possible.

That being said, it's not like the S&P 500 are companies that only do business in the United States. We are in a global economy, and I'm quite certain that the vast majority of these companies in the S&P 500 have markets in other countries for their products & services.

You really know your stuff specially on the most complicated product, the IUL. I thank you again for your help, I sincerely appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back