100+ Post Club
Have a 51 M 5"10" 195#
takes:symvastatin 20mg x 1
cozar 1 mg x 1
celexa 2 per day
xanex 1 mg x 1
zolapen 10 mg x 1
metformin er 500 mg x 2

He wants 25k whole or universal life if possible. Looking at UHL currently, any better options for this guy? He says he is healthy then rolls me out a med list like this.:err:

Also forgot he is an e-cig user

Last edited:
I'm sure he is as healthy as any other depressed diabetic.

I'd probably go FE on him. He is in denial about his health, why waste time for fully underwritten and then have him balk when he sees the table rated premium?

Vol-
FE is what I was thinking on him, much simpler to go simplified. Currently I have a 99.07 from UHL Premier and Grange @ 81.53. You know of a better off the top of your head?

I know nothing about Grange's product. Assurity would be 85.84. They would take him if his diabetes is stable and no hospitalizations in the last year.

Grange is decent, No PHI, just the app. I actually just looked at Assurity and I believe that is what I am going to recommend. Plus I have been looking to pick them up anyway for their product line. On another subject are you using Ohio Nat any in your area down there?

I have used them in the past. They are a good company, conservative but not old mutual conservative.

Lets see for starters because of the E-cigs he will be smoker class with everybody but Pru. Looks like he is also taking stuff for his heart, diabetes and depression?

Does he have any coverage now? Anything you can convert?

Yea, not a candidate for fully underwritten products.

The other thing that would concern me is if he doesn't have any life insurance at 51. I have a feeling is if it isn't damn near free, he's not a prospect.

Lets see for starters because of the E-cigs he will be smoker class with everybody but Pru. Looks like he is also taking stuff for his heart, diabetes and depression?

Does he have any coverage now? Anything you can convert?

Yea, not a candidate for fully underwritten products.

The other thing that would concern me is if he doesn't have any life insurance at 51. I have a feeling is if it isn't damn near free, he's not a prospect.

I agree. When I quote "Healthy" people like this I start with a discussion on us trying to first finding someone that will write them, then finding the right plan, then the best value. More than once I have said "Bob, you are a smoking diabetic with a heart history, Not a 25 year old track star"

He would have to give me a premium commitment.

L he has nothing currently so, I am working from scratch. Wino in a nutshell that is pretty much what I told him on the front end, I prepped him for a little higher rate and told him why they would be higher and when I spoke with him just a bit ago he liked the pricing ok 25k so we are going to meet Monday and write it then. Thanks for the help guys, most if the time I know right where to look for the best rate/policy but sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask, especially given the knowledge and experience here.

Chris did you quote a smoker below standard rate? The e cig alone is probably going to be 30-40% increase in premium. Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

Back