Overweight Life Insurance

willing

Expert
Are there any particular Life Insurance Carriers that will enable Policies on those that are a little or a lot over the weight criteria?
Also, same question for those that are unhealthy?

Are there any particular Life Insurance Carriers that will enable Policies on those that are a little or a lot over the weight criteria?
Also, same question for those that are unhealthy?

What face amounts?.. Many of the FE companies have no weight restrictions..

New to the Industry and I do not know what FE companies are?
Most likely Term, face value anything above $100,000.

There are many

but...

Define a lot overweight and unhealthy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
New to the Industry and I do not know what FE companies are?
Most likely Term, face value anything above $100,000.

FE stands for final expense and typically refers to policies with simplified underwriting (i.e. no paramed, blood, urine etc. requirements). Instead there's a short list of medical questions, and if the proposed insured can answer all of those satisfactorily they can be approved for coverage.

Last edited:
By overweight I mean 50-100lbs over the "average" person's height/weight limit.
Please list companies that would qualify the above.
Also if you had actual numbers of any of these policies, that would be good. For example Male, 34, $100,000 payout pays x amount of premium per month.

By overweight I mean 50-100lbs over the "average" person's height/weight limit.
Please list companies that would qualify the above.
Also if you had actual numbers of any of these policies, that would be good. For example Male, 34, $100,000 payout pays x amount of premium per month.

No one has every defined an average weight in the life underwriting world so it doesn't work that way. You're better off specifying height and weight and then looking at build charts if you want to go the fully underwritten route. Or, you simply ask an FE IMO to list companies that wouldn't ask weight.

Generally speaking, Prudential, Genworth, and American General will allow individuals to be outside of normal HT/WT charts. In my opinion, they have been very liberal with this issue for my clients.

Back