Paramed Company in Central VA

AlTheGud1sRtakn

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Does anyone have a good company that they use in Central VA? The only ones I'm familiar with are Exam One who never answers the phone and screws up paperwork all the time, and APPS who seems marginally better but still contracts the same individuals to do the exams that routinely cancel appointments because they're sick (I'm glad they don't go to my clients houses when they're sick, but are they really sick THAT often!?) and a co-worker just had someone contracted through APPS that was out of the proper container for urine so they had them pee in a bottle!

I'm fed up with both companies and looking for someone else. Any suggestions?

Is there an EMSI office in your area? That is about it for national exam companies, otherwise you'll have to hunt down someone local and may have problems.

I highly recommend finding a good examiner at the company and calling that person directly with your orders. It generally is a good relationship for both of you. The examiner knows that as long as she takes care of you, she will continue to get business.

There are some independent ones, but you need to make sure they have the ability to bill the insurance company, which generally means they need an affiliation with EMSI, ExamOne or APPS.

Other idea - what sort of licensing is involved in starting a paramed exam company? I've got a few people in mind who could take care of scheduling/booking that I could pay piecerate and are already just on the phones all day, they'd be happy to have a second stream of income. It doesn't sound like agents are hard to find so I could be more selective, overhead would be minimal unless there are lots of costs that I'm not seeing here.

Other idea - what sort of licensing is involved in starting a paramed exam company? I've got a few people in mind who could take care of scheduling/booking that I could pay piecerate and are already just on the phones all day, they'd be happy to have a second stream of income. It doesn't sound like agents are hard to find so I could be more selective, overhead would be minimal unless there are lots of costs that I'm not seeing here.

The pay for examine companies and thus examiners isn't much. Exam companies are struggling to find worthwhile examiners.

Paramedical Examiner Jobs | Phlebotek

I expect most examiners are getting on the lower end of the range listed. Considering the driving and going to the homes of strange people, that isn't a lot of money. Particularly if your company isn't keeping you busy, and with many agents pushing morning appointments I imagine it is difficult.

The pay for examine companies and thus examiners isn't much. Exam companies are struggling to find worthwhile examiners.

Paramedical Examiner Jobs | Phlebotek

I expect most examiners are getting on the lower end of the range listed. Considering the driving and going to the homes of strange people, that isn't a lot of money. Particularly if your company isn't keeping you busy, and with many agents pushing morning appointments I imagine it is difficult.

Yeah the more I think about how busy I already am and how little this side business would probably pay the more I think it's a dumb idea. I was just frustrated and thinking of alternatives.

Anyways if anyone has any other good suggestions please post them here. I'm going to give EMSI a shot for now.

...I highly recommend finding a good examiner at the company and calling that person directly with your orders. It generally is a good relationship for both of you. The examiner knows that as long as she takes care of you, she will continue to get business.

There are some independent ones, but you need to make sure they have the ability to bill the insurance company, which generally means they need an affiliation with EMSI, ExamOne or APPS.
Try the NASCPE directory NASCPE - Directory (it's new so there aren't a lot of examiners on it yet) or send NASCPE an email ([email protected]) if no luck with the directory. They'll try to help you find someone.

iExamPro is who I use. Kathy Summey owns them and they will go throughout the country. They bill through APPS so there isn't any issue there.

Kathy Summey
336-207-5435
ExamPro to schedule online.

Back