A Person I Know that Works Under Primerica is Selling Me Life Insurance

FJames

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I'm basically clueless about life insurances. I joined this forum because I want to get educated in everything about life insurance.

So this person (not a friend, just someone I know) came to me and is trying to sell me Primerica's life insurance.
Everything that he says sounds great, he tells me how Primerica is the best life insurance out there and that their primary goal is to help people get educated and make them take the correct decisions (their products).
I looked at him closely while he was telling me about all of this and man he seems so honest and seems to be speaking from the heart.
Even though I thought at the time that he was being extremely honest, since I didn't have a clue about life insurance I told him that I needed some time and that I would think about it first and then answer him, and he agreed.
So I'm here trying to get a little educated about Primerica's products and how they compare to their rivals.
So what do the experts here think of Primerica? Are their products great or should I be looking somewhere else?

He's under alot of pressure to sell friends and family, when he eventually quits, all his contacts will continue to be contacted by another agent.

It's most likely term insurance, and you should compare rates.

Not horrible as a company, but you'll likely never have the same agent for long.

This agent seemed honest because he's been in a rah rah sales meeting all morning and actually believes what he's telling you.

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I'm basically clueless about life insurances. I joined this forum because I want to get educated in everything about life insurance. So this person (not a friend, just someone I know) came to me and is trying to sell me Primerica's life insurance. Everything that he says sounds great, he tells me how Primerica is the best life insurance out there and that their primary goal is to help people get educated and make them take the correct decisions (their products). I looked at him closely while he was telling me about all of this and man he seems so honest and seems to be speaking from the heart. Even though I thought at the time that he was being extremely honest, since I didn't have a clue about life insurance I told him that I needed some time and that I would think about it first and then answer him, and he agreed. So I'm here trying to get a little educated about Primerica's products and how they compare to their rivals. So what do the experts here think of Primerica? Are their products great or should I be looking somewhere else?

Primerica only offers term insurance. They are not usually priced very well compared to other term companies.

First decide if term (limited period of time) is what you need. If so compare rates at www.term4sales.com

If you want lifetime death benefit you really want GUL or whole-life. The same agents listed as contacts on the term4sale.com website can usually help you with those.

As a rule, Primerica agents know very little about any form of insurance. It's a multi level marketing company like Mary Kay or Tupperware where they learn more about recruiting for their pyramid than they do insurance. I've never seen it priced as a good value.

----------

Here is the correct link http://www.term4sale.com

Here's how life insurance works: You buy, you die, it pays... as long as it is in-force when you die.

You buy life insurance for two primary reasons:
- You love someone.
- You owe someone.

If you don't have a family (or others dependent upon you), then getting insurance in advance of that is helping to insure your insurability... so you can have and keep the insurance you do have.

Some insurance is better than none.

More insurance is better than less.

Sincerity is good in a financial representative.

Sincerity with knowledge is even better.

I'm not going to tell you NOT to buy insurance from this acquaintance. However, MOST professional life insurance agents won't sell a "one-size-fits-all" plan. Unfortunately, Primerica agents have this reputation within the industry of selling a "one-size-fits-all" strategy for everyone. The reason? It keeps training simple, duplicateable (for their business model), and even to keep complaints down.

Wow thanks so much for all your help guys! I'll start comparing rates with those sites that you guys posted.
I knew that Primerica is a MLM company, and yes he attempted to recruit me at one point, I was more interested in their products since it all seemed so great.

Wow thanks so much for all your help guys! I'll start comparing rates with those sites that you guys posted.
I knew that Primerica is a MLM company, and yes he attempted to recruit me at one point, I was more interested in their products since it all seemed so great.

He will tell you that he can not print an illustration to email you. That is wrong. I have seen and compared dozens of them.

You will want to know the _guaranteed_ premium for all years. Not sure if still the case but for years they were selling a 30 term and forgetting to tell the clients that it was only guaranteed 20 years. At least in my experience.

Then you will also want to know your options at the end of the guaranteed term period. Do the rates go up. probably. Does the plan terminate? What if you are ill? what are your options? Can you convert to a permanent plan with no medical questions. Or keep the price the same and have a decreasing term option guaranteed. Does the policy include a terminal illness rider? Why even concider a plan that does not include it at no cost? Can the child rider be converted to a permanent policy even if they have a dire medical condition or disability at a much higher face amount? Again why consider a child rider with out this very important option?

They will combine the husband and wife on the same policy however, if there is a terminal illness rider it will only cover the base insured. They will also add in an "inflation" rider that will add a little more insurance every year and of course cost and commission to them. Normally an independent agent can start a plan at the ultimate higher face amount for less than their starting price.

I have competed against Primerica since 1985, then called A.L. Williams, and I may have seen them a better choice once.

Term4sale.com is a great site. I have been a client of theirs for 20 years. However, it is just a site like many other quoting sites. You really need to speak to an independent agent that knows the plans you will be looking at and plans you do not know exist. Everyone thinks they are preferred plus, most are not.

Post your age, smoker or not, Meds and approximate Ht and Wt. and these agents can give you an idea of where you will be rating wise.

Oh also, only deal in guarantees. And really consider adding disability waiver of premium

Disclosure: Yes I am an awesome agent:1rolleyes: but I do not sell in your state of Florida. So I am not soliciting your business.

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I'm basically clueless about life insurances. I joined this forum because I want to get educated in everything about life insurance.

So this person (not a friend, just someone I know) came to me and is trying to sell me Primerica's life insurance.
Everything that he says sounds great, he tells me how Primerica is the best life insurance out there and that their primary goal is to help people get educated and make them take the correct decisions (their products).
I looked at him closely while he was telling me about all of this and man he seems so honest and seems to be speaking from the heart.
Even though I thought at the time that he was being extremely honest, since I didn't have a clue about life insurance I told him that I needed some time and that I would think about it first and then answer him, and he agreed.
So I'm here trying to get a little educated about Primerica's products and how they compare to their rivals.
So what do the experts here think of Primerica? Are their products great or should I be looking somewhere else?

Hello, first off in most states it's against the law to criticise another insurance company. Facts: Primerica is name one of America's 50 most Trustworthy Financial Companies (Forbes, August 3, 2015) Accredited member of Better Business Bureau...Primerica's life companies rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best..they pay there claims and if you get terminally I'll Primerica will cut you a check for 40% of the policy. Rates is not the only thing one should look at its the quality and service of the company. Good luck!

Hello, first off in most states it's against the law to criticise another insurance company. Facts: Primerica is name one of America's 50 most Trustworthy Financial Companies (Forbes, August 3, 2015) Accredited member of Better Business Bureau...Primerica's life companies rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best..they pay there claims and if you get terminally I'll Primerica will cut you a check for 40% of the policy. Rates is not the only thing one should look at its the quality and service of the company. Good luck!

Good thing you brought back this 3 year old post, we are all smarter now. All hail Primerica!

Back