Policy/application Was Signed W Errors

Right. So I just need to correct the app. Especially since I'm paying premiums for the medical issues.

----------

Just to clarify, there is only a copy of the app in the policy delivered, no medical exam info.

Many companies do not require an agent to complete the medical questions on the application if a medical exam is to be conducted by a nurse.. The agent would have asked some questions about his health to see what he may qualify for but he would not have to record the answers on the app.

Ugh I'm even more confused. The application was the initial questionnaire from the agent which did have some basic medical questions. The paramed went more in depth. I do not want to cancel the policy. We all know it takes months to replace. I have another policy with New York life that had the exact same process, so I have a backup. But it makes no sense to get a new policy at an older age. So maybe a certified letter with the corrections would work?

Could you be more specific about the "corrections" that need to be made?

Basically it just looks liked everything was checked off as he had zero medical problems. There was a long list of major medical disorders and all were checked no which is incorrect. His medications were not listed or his driving record. Just to be clear he's a fairly healthy 39 year old guy.

A policy should contain all relevant documents used in the application process. That said, some preliminary forms (questionnaires) are actually not part of the application process. Some agents use them to "pre-screen" as an preliminary to actual underwriting. Could be some of that in this case.

If you honestly feel there are material differences in what's in the policy and what was in the application process, contact customer service and ask the insurance carrier to review the policy. You don't have to use the agent if you feel uncomfortable. If you get the runaround from customer service, ask to speak to a supervisor, or you will be forced to contact your OIC.

Good luck.

When it comes down to all being said and done, if the applied=action contained errors, the insured has no one but himself to blame. You never sign a document attesting that it contains the truth without reviewing it. If the application was filled out incorrectly, he should have called it to the attention of the agent before.signing and refused to sign until the false information was ccorrelated

A policy should contain all relevant documents used in the application process. That said, some preliminary forms (questionnaires) are actually not part of the application process. Some agents use them to "pre-screen" as an preliminary to actual underwriting. Could be some of that in this case.

If you honestly feel there are material differences in what's in the policy and what was in the application process, contact customer service and ask the insurance carrier to review the policy. You don't have to use the agent if you feel uncomfortable. If you get the runaround from customer service, ask to speak to a supervisor, or you will be forced to contact your OIC.

Good luck.

Thank you for the most relevant, informed, non judgemental recommendation I have received.

Good luck.

My experience is different. Many fully underwritten polices do not include paramed exam questions, labs or doctor records. Many app have very few medical questions on them. Genworth is one example.

Last edited:
When it comes down to all being said and done, if the applied=action contained errors, the insured has no one but himself to blame. You never sign a document attesting that it contains the truth without reviewing it. If the application was filled out incorrectly, he should have called it to the attention of the agent before.signing and refused to sign until the false information was ccorrelated

I didn't deny accountability. I merely asked how to correct the fault.

Back