Policy Delivery

I can't stand delivering policies. If I'm not asking for business or meeting new clients for factfinding meetings I don't want to see anyone. I will get referrals at meetings that really matter. I mailed out something like 30 policies a couple weeks ago, because they pile up around the office.

You go through a sales process with someone where there are two, maybe three meetings and relentless phone calls. The last person a client wants to talk to after a sale is there insurance agent...AGAIN. Mail it out and call them in a year. NEXT!

I agree. I like to call a month or so later and ask for any questions and let them know I haven't left town.

It depends on your market and systems, but I make as big a deal about delivery as I can. It's the time to solidify their reasons for the purchase and set up future actions. I am playing around with making the delivery shorter and scheduling a separate referral meeting.

Just curious to know what mailing/delivery method you guys are using to mail policies to your clients?

I have my IMO mail the policies to my office first, so that I can look them over, and then I mail them out to the client and follow-up with them, once received. I've been using USPS Priority, which is trackable, but $6.45 per package seems a little steep (I know, I'm cheap!).

What method is everyone else using?

Just curious to know what mailing/delivery method you guys are using to mail policies to your clients?

I have my IMO mail the policies to my office first, so that I can look them over, and then I mail them out to the client and follow-up with them, once received. I've been using USPS Priority, which is trackable, but $6.45 per package seems a little steep (I know, I'm cheap!).

What method is everyone else using?

A good percentage of my business is on the phone, mostly with people I have never met but may be clients for 20 plus years. People that I have sold multiple times. With very few exceptions all policies come to me so that I can make copies of the pages I need for the file. Local clients I try to deliver F2F. I also use priority mail for all mailed policies. For most mailed apps as well.

A good percentage of my business is on the phone, mostly with people I have never met but may be clients for 20 plus years. People that I have sold multiple times. With very few exceptions all policies come to me so that I can make copies of the pages I need for the file. Local clients I try to deliver F2F. I also use priority mail for all mailed policies. For most mailed apps as well.

Thanks, Lee! I basically have the same system as you, so it's nice to know that we're doing it the same way.

I was just trying to find a cheaper mailing alternative to the $6.45 with US Priority, as it eats into the smaller commissionable policies, but it looks like there aren't too many other options..

I was just trying to find a cheaper mailing alternative to the $6.45 with US Priority, as it eats into the smaller commissionable policies, but it looks like there aren't too many other options..

If you use their online postage is a little bit cheaper.

My bad. I just knew it was cheaper online. I couldn't remember the prices and thought you were referencing the price when you go to the post office.

Thanks, Lee! I basically have the same system as you, so it's nice to know that we're doing it the same way.

Priority does seem to add up. However, tracking is important to me and it adds a perception of importance to the package, I perceive. It should stand out in the stack of mail so hopefully the delivery receipt gets signed and returned.

The cost of priority mail is a lot cheaper in terms of time and travel cost. However, it could be higher in lost relationship building opportunity. So locally I prefer to deliver the policies. I have two sitting in a priority envelope now that I know I should do the hour and a half drive to deliver. Getting lazy in my old age.

Latest posts

Back