Policy Delivery

Johnnymc

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Does anyone else HATE the fact that they have to deliver a life insurance policy as much as i do? Why is mailing a life policy in the Peoples Republic of Pennsylvania so tabboo???

Does anyone else HATE the fact that they have to deliver a life insurance policy as much as i do? Why is mailing a life policy in the Peoples Republic of Pennsylvania so tabboo???

Funny - I used to have the policy go directly to the owner. Now, I deliver by choice - even though the policies can normally go directly to them.

Why do you hate it? I guess if you are not selling locally than it could be a pain...

It's another opportunity to "prospect through service."

I try not to deal with companies that insist on mailing the policies directly. I guarantee you the policies stay on the books much better and you get a lot of referrals if you deliver and review the policy in person.

I try not to deal with companies that insist on mailing the policies directly. I guarantee you the policies stay on the books much better and you get a lot of referrals if you deliver and review the policy in person.

I won't question that on Life Policies...But I have a couple of carrier that require I deliver the policy for small flex premium 403(b) accounts and it drive me nuts...Nuts because even though I might submit a bunch of policies in the same district on the same day they NEVER get issued at the same time and may be weeks apart in arriving to me..Makes it difficult to work the area I work effectively. Oh and in most of these cases I an replacing a TSA I wrote previously where the carrier mailed the policy direct and they have stayed on the books 9-10 years so far.

I won't question that on Life Policies...But I have a couple of carrier that require I deliver the policy for small flex premium 403(b) accounts and it drive me nuts...Nuts because even though I might submit a bunch of policies in the same district on the same day they NEVER get issued at the same time and may be weeks apart in arriving to me..Makes it difficult to work the area I work effectively. Oh and in most of these cases I an replacing a TSA I wrote previously where the carrier mailed the policy direct and they have stayed on the books 9-10 years so far.

I don't know anything about those. It sounds like they are a nuisance to deal with.

What I do know is my retention is very very high. And especially for an agent that deals mainly with Final Expense and funeral Preneed. It's just VERY rare for me to have anything fall off the books.

And one of the MAIN reasons I think that is true is because of personal policy delivery.

don't know why you can't mail policies in PA...May not look the best, but if you told the client you are putting it in the mail, and follow up with them in a few days, most people would be okay with that.

I don't know anything about those. It sounds like they are a nuisance to deal with.

What I do know is my retention is very very high. And especially for an agent that deals mainly with Final Expense and funeral Preneed. It's just VERY rare for me to have anything fall off the books.

And one of the MAIN reasons I think that is true is because of personal policy delivery.

I also have a high retention ratio of my clients...We are talking two seperate items FE for you and TSAs for me...I also do annual reviews, they are a great time to get the client to increase the contribution...I just wish more carriers gave me the option...I know I have some carriers I can on a case by case basis check off wether I want it mailed to the client of myself....Personally I like to see the policies first just to see what the home office is sending to clients.

Have you had any trouble with Foresters not mailing policies directly to you, despite the fact that you clearly mark to mail policy to producer?

I ask because it's happened more than a few times to me. It drives me nuts.

Have you had any trouble with Foresters not mailing policies directly to you, despite the fact that you clearly mark to mail policy to producer?

I ask because it's happened more than a few times to me. It drives me nuts.

They pulled that crap on me 1 month ago..I told them if they do it again, I will never write a piece of business with them again...Their explanation was they over looked that boxed....Inexcusable

Back