Posting to Facebook

jn8691mr

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone one have any success posting to the social media page to generate business ? I'd like to post short insightful articles or statuses to generate interest in a product, such as annuities or return of premium term products etc. Looking for some thoughts or advice of what has worked for you.

Facebook is a great place to create awareness of who you are and what you do... not necessarily to attract sales inquiries.

Thanks primarily for the help of this forum, I have 70 followers on my Facebook page.

I doubt I'll ever see any business directly from it.

For me, I find outright sales messages to be annoying and I would quickly unsubscribe from such feeds. I like to give commentary on various articles or videos that are out there and post them as educational resources.

If Facebook actually helps in creating revenue, it'll be a long-term proposition, not a short-term way to get sales.

I've got 137 followers on facebook (I was curious so I just checked). I try to post fairly regularly and I've been at it a few years now. I once made a post about saving for college and a friend from way back in high school who managed a daycare/gymastics business saw it and asked if I'd come speak to her parents about saving for college while they pick up their kids. I did that for a while and that led to some good business.

Outside of that one instance I don't think I've gotten any business from facebook. There's a thread on here with people claiming they get tons of business from facebook by posting pictures with their happy clients and tagging them after they close business. I know Realtors who use this approach and I'm sure it works for houses (I could see it working for things like cars as well), but most people don't get that excited about their insurance that they want it posted on facebook. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm skeptical people are getting the results they claim to be.

More than anything I have it so that I have a web presence. If a business owner is looking me up I hope that my social media profiles add a bit of legitimacy, but that's all that I expect to get from any of them.

Edit: It's worth noting too that I manage all of this through a site called Heasay Social. It's constantly telling me that I'm in the top 10% or 5% depending on the week as far as growth, connections, content, and responses. I'm not sure if that's out of my firm, my area, my industry, everyone, or what. Either way it's got to be a big enough group of people to draw some conclusions. If I'm in the top 5-10% and not getting anything from it I have a hard time believing anyone else is.

Last edited:
I don't know how many followers I have, but I have gotten about 5 clients, a combination of medicare and FE, so it seems to work for me alright, I just post about insurance prior to open enrollment, and about once or twice a year for life....

Anyone one have any success posting to the social media page to generate business ? I'd like to post short insightful articles or statuses to generate interest in a product, such as annuities or return of premium term products etc. Looking for some thoughts or advice of what has worked for you.

I don't. It's not applicable to my practice, marketplace, etc.

Regardless, if you are going down this road -- first, compliance!!! Be very careful. Second, compliance! Be even more careful. Third, compliance. Get my point? LOL.

Personally, I think one major problem with our industry is that it, we, commoditize products. While that may be a discussion for another time -- I would look at the "awareness" approach. Not sales! Educate on topics, not products.

Good luck...by the way, did I mention compliance?

I don't. It's not applicable to my practice, marketplace, etc.

Regardless, if you are going down this road -- first, compliance!!! Be very careful. Second, compliance! Be even more careful. Third, compliance. Get my point? LOL.

Personally, I think one major problem with our industry is that it, we, commoditize products. While that may be a discussion for another time -- I would look at the "awareness" approach. Not sales! Educate on topics, not products.

Good luck...by the way, did I mention compliance?

I'm securities licensed and I think this may be a big part of why I can't generate much interest from facebook. I can't go on and post cute videos of cats and fun stuff like George Takei does. Everything has to be registered and pre-approved.

Yes! Social Media has become a game changer. You HAVE to be very active though, or it won't work. Also, connecting your social media channels can be very effective. For example, connect your Facebook to your Instagram and then both to your Twitter account.

Back