Previous Cocaine Use

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was going to get this client a policy but over 10 years ago he was in rehab for Cocaine use. He's been clean ever since. He's a business owner. I was going to put him on Banner for a 20 year term he is 33 years old.

I was going to get this client a policy but over 10 years ago he was in rehab for Cocaine use. He's been clean ever since. He's a business owner. I was going to put him on Banner for a 20 year term he is 33 years old.

Read how the app ask the question. Get a drug and alcohol questionnaire signed and keep it in the file in case it comes up and you needed. If it comes up in the app do a strong cover letter explaining him then and him now.

Over ten years with no relapse most carriers are not going to rate. Watch out instead for whether he had a felony conviction for possession or distribution. Also get the drug/alcohol questionnaire and current urine to confirm he's still clean.

If he's drinking alcohol.... could be a problem still though.
10 yrs abstinence from all drugs and alcohol could be preferred.

This guy takes Suboxine which is treated for withdraw from drugs such as cocaine. How will they treat that if he hasn't relapsed in 10 years.

He said it's prescribed for back pain which doctors do prescribe it for pain but it's also prescribed for drug withdraw.

Back