Primerica Customer Service

JFBAgent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Had an appointment with a Primerica policy holder yesterday. She couldn't find the original policy so we got on speakerphone to call the agent's office. No answer.

So we called the corporate line and asked for customer service. This was a 30 year term and I knew it had the ability to convert to another Primerica term for the first 20 years only - but I wanted the clients to here this for themselves.

The Primerica customer service rep would not answer the questions. She was not answering questions - the clients said that she was being purposely vague and not giving real answers as to the terms of the contract.

My question is - what gives? Do they train their customer service people with sales scripts instead of customer service?

have never had any positive results when trying to work with Primerica. Most of their agents are selling insurance as a second or third job

Went to a networking event last week. There was a Primerica rep there. I asked her what she did full time. She got really upset.

Saw her three days later at Publix, stocking shelves.

Karma.

Had an appointment with a Primerica policy holder yesterday. She couldn't find the original policy so we got on speakerphone to call the agent's office. No answer.

So we called the corporate line and asked for customer service. This was a 30 year term and I knew it had the ability to convert to another Primerica term for the first 20 years only - but I wanted the clients to here this for themselves.

The Primerica customer service rep would not answer the questions. She was not answering questions - the clients said that she was being purposely vague and not giving real answers as to the terms of the contract.

My question is - what gives? Do they train their customer service people with sales scripts instead of customer service?

Do not know if this is state specific. However, Their 30 year term is only guaranteed 20 years. After that it is promise to try rate.

I get them on the phone all the time. Some are nice, others go into defense mode. I stay nice. They sell my case for me. If the policy is 5 years old or older the writing agent is most likely gone already.

....So we called the corporate line and asked for customer service. This was a 30 year term and I knew it had the ability to convert to another Primerica term for the first 20 years only - but I wanted the clients to here this for themselves......

I think the problem was that you should have requested that the clients hear this for themselves instead of just being here (or there).;)

When I started in the industry they operated as a marketing company with the name A.L. Williams. They would infilatrate churches with MLM get rich quick schemes. They openly bad mouthed other agents, companies and replaced policies with no second thoughts of the consequences. As long as they got their commissions from Massachusets Indemnity Life. There were law suits all over the nation caused by their ignorant agents. In the 90s they changed their name to Primerica and began giving their agents a little, but not much, training.

Back then they had people selling products they were not licensed of trained on. It sounds like not much has changed.

They may call themselves Primerica now but I still see them as A.L. Williams. The sad thing is that history is not going to remember coach Williams for his athletic victories but attaching his name to a less than professional marketing company.

It is not my attention to offend anyone but A.L. Williams co. left a blemmish on the industry that I love. It is not an easy one for me to forget. Apparently, Primerica is trying to keep the wound open. I know there are some very good people with Primerca that would make good additions to the legitimate insurance industry. Unfortunately, Primerica has worked hard to brain wash many of those part timers into thinking they are professional insurance people.

Went to a networking event last week. There was a Primerica rep there. I asked her what she did full time. She got really upset.

Saw her three days later at Publix, stocking shelves.

Karma.

You really are gutsy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If the policy is 5 years old or older the writing agent is most likely gone already.

Not really. Most times the agents are family members, relatives, or close friends. They might not be with Primerica anymore but they're probably still around.

Last edited:
superfly33;294162 Not really. Most times the agents are family members said:
Most are not only gone from the business. But I have heard that many are divorced. The last thing they want to talk to those family and friends about is their Life Insurance. The real core was sold by their trainer before they were even licensed. That system burns through some really good people. IMHO

Back