Primerica Term Conversion?

David C

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone know if Primerica policies are convertible?

And yes, I know their position on whole life.

Does anyone know if Primerica policies are convertible?

And yes, I know their position on whole life.

I know for a fact that they used to be. It depends on when they were issued. I believe all MILICO (the original name of Primerica Life) was convertible, and so were the early Primerica Life policies. I think that may have changed though.

Confusing post to me: if its not convertible to whole life, what would it be convertible to ?

You're missing the point HealthGuy. Primerica is the ultimate BTITD company, any permanent insurance is like the anti-Christ to them. Kind of like someone from Amway buying a Proctor & Gamble product.

So, wouldn't having a conversion option to permanent insurance be the exact opposite of everything they stand for?

Hey, I got two MLMs in one post LOL:D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey, it's a new paradox!

The old paradox:

"If 7-11s are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year, why do they have locks on the doors?"

New paradox"

"If BTITD is the best strategy, and the invested "difference" will make up for any future insurance need, why does your policy have a conversion provision?"

Last edited:
Confusing post to me: if its not convertible to whole life, what would it be convertible to ?

From what I have found on the net, they are convertible to a "new term policy". I don't know how that is considered a conversion. Sounds renewable to me... I would love to see the 1st page of a primerica policy for myself to see the actual verbiage.

Surely there has to be someone on this board that has replaced a primerica policy???

I know for a fact that they used to be. It depends on when they were issued. I believe all MILICO (the original name of Primerica Life) was convertible, and so were the early Primerica Life policies. I think that may have changed though.

This is correct. Several years ago there was a guy who had a website that did nothing but bash and expose Primerica. This guy had a copy of an old Whole Life policy that I believe was from MILICO. He also had a copy of an old term policy that showed the conversion info. For the life of me I can't remember the name of that website. It may not even be up anymore. I believe it was something like Primericabuster.com. The guys name was Ken Young. He seemed a little over the top. But had some decent information. I think he my have been ordered to take down the website.

In the early years, they did have a conversion privilege. But they definitely don't now.

Does anyone know for an absolute fact that a current Primerica term policy does not contain a conversion provision?

It's been a while since I've seen a Primerica term policy, but seeing that they offer no other type of life insurance, I would feel confident in saying that there is no conversion provision.

I wonder if all the Primerica reps are still bragging about being part of Citi?

Back