Proposed Insured Just Found Out They Have Cancer, After the App..

fjman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a client in underwriting that has just found out she has breast cancer. I issued a conditional receipt for coverage and a few days later a check up resulted in getting a newly found lump tested. She has breast cancer it turns out. Its my understanding that the carrier has done the initial review and all thats left is her paramed next week.

Is she out of luck? Is issue based on things that occurred at or before the time of application or is she going to get declined since she was diagnosed before issue?

Thanks guys!

Re: Proposed Insured Just Found Out They Have Cancer, After the A

I have a client in underwriting that has just found out she has breast cancer. I issued a conditional receipt for coverage and a few days later a check up resulted in getting a newly found lump tested. She has breast cancer it turns out. Its my understanding that the carrier has done the initial review and all thats left is her paramed next week.

Is she out of luck? Is issue based on things that occurred at or before the time of application or is she going to get declined since she was diagnosed before issue?

Thanks guys!

Out of luck. Things changed since the application was signed. Conditional receipt is void. Carrier will still pull APS and decline. Fiduciary responsability is to the carrier. Presidential Life if over 40..

Even if the APS doesn't catch it, you are signing your name that the applicant's health hasn't changed since the app. Hopefully she can still something.

It depends on when the conditional becomes effective, at app or exam and APS received. Odds are is that she is SOL. They will find some evidence that pre-dates the app.

she is SOL b/c at any rate, she will have to disclose this fact during the Paramed. Even if some loophole meant that the conditional were in effect today, they would immediately decline anyway so it wouldn't much matter. that really sucks.

Just another reason not to visit the doctor while going through underwriting....happens way too often when people don't listen.

Yeah, I used to tell people going to the doctor during the app process was a bad idea unless it was totally necessary. Guess i'll be back to telling people that now. I'm pretty sure she is SOL, not to mentions dealing with now knowing she has cancer....

I knew that the conditional reciept was probably good if she died and was truthful on the app, but i wasnt sure if that was the case with new health problems arising.

Guess I'll call the underwriter in the morning, boooo!

Back