Prospect with Marijuana Related Probation

LifeWorth

Guru
100+ Post Club
So my prospect was declined by American National. He was never convicted, no felony or misdemeanor, but he is in probation for "conspiracy to facilitate selling of marijuana", or something like that. He wasn't the seller, but apparently he referred a seller to a buyer.

This guy is a business owner with a clean record aside from this. He's on his last year of probation.

Any companies that would take him?

So my prospect was declined by American National. He was never convicted, no felony or misdemeanor, but he is in probation for "conspiracy to facilitate selling of marijuana", or something like that. He wasn't the seller, but apparently he referred a seller to a buyer.

This guy is a business owner with a clean record aside from this. He's on his last year of probation.

Any companies that would take him?

It depends on how the particular health question is written. Some ask if he's on probation, that would be a 'yes'. Some say if he has any convictions and that would be a 'no'. Pull out your apps and read them.

But I know that Monu (for the 0-44 app) specifically allows pot use.

For some companies, using it is looked at more favorably than dealing it....and yeah, he dealt it----the "I referred someone to the dealer" excuse is questionable at best.

If he is on probation he was convicted of a crime.

This is where working with a quality IMO helps a lot. If you were with Pinney all you would have to do is call the inhouse underwriter, give him the specifics, and he would tell you which companies would take him.

If he is on probation he was convicted of a crime.

This is where working with a quality IMO helps a lot. If you were with Pinney all you would have to do is call the inhouse underwriter, give him the specifics, and he would tell you which companies would take him.

Isn't underwriting an across the board thing? Declined in one company = declined in ALL companies?

My upline is giving me the impression it is. I had another declined case due to something coming up in the medical exam, but then the client went to the doctor after being declined insurance and turns out there's nothing wrong with her. So I asked my upline if we should try sending her to another company, and my upline said "We need to stay with [Company name] because most of the underwriting has already been complete".

Huh? What does that even mean?

Isn't underwriting an across the board thing? Declined in one company = declined in ALL companies?

Not at all. Each company has their own specific UW guidelines. Hence the reason good IMOs keep an inhouse underwriter to help with situations like yours.

----------

I had another declined case due to something coming up in the medical exam, but then the client went to the doctor after being declined insurance and turns out there's nothing wrong with her. So I asked my upline if we should try sending her to another company, and my upline said "We need to stay with [Company name] because most of the underwriting has already been complete".

Huh? What does that even mean?

You need a new upline.

The paramed is good for 6 months. All you do is request that the med company send the results to a new carrier. The new carrier can pull the aps reports just like the existing carrier did.

Either your upline is incompetent, lazy, or bias towards whatever carrier you tried to use. In otherwords what they told you was a load of crap.

Back