Prospecting Idea Question

I think you might have a tough time finding a store that would allow you to do that. They might allow you to post a flyer, but not hold a special event.

You'd be better off partnering with cigar shops. Find a carrier that offers non tobacco rates for cigar smokers. Advertise it...set up a fishbowl to collect business cards. Then hold a drawing once a month for a gift certificate to the shop. Cigar shop clientele tends to be older and has money.

I think you might have a tough time finding a store that would allow you to do that. They might allow you to post a flyer, but not hold a special event.

You'd be better off partnering with cigar shops. Find a carrier that offers non tobacco rates for cigar smokers. Advertise it...set up a fishbowl to collect business cards. Then hold a drawing once a month for a gift certificate to the shop. Cigar shop clientele tends to be older and has money.

I've tried this, the only place the shops in my area would allow a flyer is in the bathroom. :nah:

They're too fearful of upsetting all their other Insurance and Advisory clients that frequent the shops. I'm an avid cigar smoker too, and they all know me well. Huh, maybe THAT'S the real reason!:laugh:

Back