Quoting a Guy with NYL

Thegunslngr

I recently cold called a guy that has 750000 Whole Life w/ NYL I don't know what the premium is. I tried to find a way to quote NYL to find out what he's paying. I know I know, I should have asked but he was busy and said to just stop by. I quoted him a GUL with several companies and came up with a good premium....I think. Is there any way to get a NYL quote for a 61yr old without calling the company? I want to see if what I came up with is better than what he's getting. He's a non smoker by the way. I'm meeting him at 2p.m. tomorrow. I also quoted him at standard and standard plus non smoker. Two good quotes with Protective

I think nyl doesn't allow outside quoters. But I know there is a brokerage contract.

You're gonna replace his WL with a gul?

What's the purpose of that? Just cheaper premiums?

What you should find out is how old the policy is. The older it is, the least likely it will be you can beat it with a GUL. NYL's bread and butter is their whole life product. They sell a lot of it because it's a good product. I still own mine 15 years after leaving them.

Just a word of advice, don't spend the commissions yet.

What you should find out is how old the policy is. The older it is, the least likely it will be you can beat it with a GUL. NYL's bread and butter is their whole life product. They sell a lot of it because it's a good product. I still own mine 15 years after leaving them.

Hah! I wouldn't do that. Its only two months old. That's why I think I could beat it.

If he has had this policy for a while the dividends could be equal to the premiums or even more tan the premiums. Missed the two months thing.

Last edited:
I think nyl doesn't allow outside quoters. But I know there is a brokerage contract.

You're gonna replace his WL with a gul?

What's the purpose of that? Just cheaper premiums?
I'm only going to do it if he doesn't care about the cash benefit. If he does, I'll see what I can do. I'm not going to try to put him in something he doesn't need or doesn't want though. Thanks for the info

Assuming this is NYL's "regular" whole life product, AD108 is the form number, than $750,000 death benefit on a 61 y/o male non-smoker would be $38,238.

If he's preferred (NYL doesn't have a standard plus risk class) than premium is $37,188.

That looks a little expensive no?

I think gul will be in the low 10ks so gulf would definitely beat that.

Are people with money really paying that premium?

That looks a little expensive no?

I think gul will be in the low 10ks so gulf would definitely beat that. Are people with money really paying that premium?

The answer is yes!......

Latest posts

Back