Rated Up for MVR Record??

There's always a question on fully underwritten apps that asks if you've ever been rated up, declined, postponed, or asked to pay a higher premium and that is generally worded as "have you ever..."

This is not a Rate up from a quoted Preferred Rate to Standard Rate.

Standard Rates are never a rate up.....

You would have to answer "YES" to this type of question only for Table ratings and Flat extras.

with 3 moving violations in the past 3 years, it is generous for Protective to offer a Standard rate.... Generally Decline or Flat Extra.

Also, it is not just the MVR. If the insured had any accidents in the past 3 years is a consideration, whether at fault or not. Most companies will deny coverage with 2 accidents and MVR hits.

I got Pinney looking into it. I don't know why he lost his license. He probably forgot to pay a ticket. He's a scatter brain.

My question is how none of this affected his last policy.

----------

I think I have to wait until July so the two 2012 violations will drop off the 3 year look back.

Good question: how did your buddy get preferred two year back if his MVR was so bad? I think UWGuy’s point about Protective being a might touchy could be what is happening here.

When you reshop, be sure to use the MVR. Pay for it if your GA won’t - they are not expensive. Your buddy should check it out to see if he could clean it up at all by paying a fine, etc.

I just had an applicant find out his license was cancelled due to an unpaid fine! He had no idea, and if he had not applied for life insurance, he would have been driving around without a valid license. All he has to do is pay up and the MVR will no longer be an obstacle in undwrwriting.

Back