Referal Passed Away Before I Can Reach them

walthamny

Guru
100+ Post Club
I called 3 people this week who were referred me in the past but somehow they slipped away, I usually try to reach them around the birthday and year end. Since Sunday, 2 of my referrals passed away in their 50's. The 3rd one was open case that I could not close. I had given up but I was going to try again. I got an email tonight that the city will naming a corner after him. I never had 3 of my prospects die in the same week. Well, it is only Tuesday evening. lets see how the rest of the week goes. 10 years of selling life insurance, I still have a lot to learn.

I called 3 people this week who were referred me in the past but somehow they slipped away, I usually try to reach them around the birthday and year end. Since Sunday, 2 of my referrals passed away in their 50's. The 3rd one was open case that I could not close. I had given up but I was going to try again. I got an email tonight that the city will naming a corner after him. I never had 3 of my prospects die in the same week. Well, it is only Tuesday evening. lets see how the rest of the week goes. 10 years of selling life insurance, I still have a lot to learn.

I'd give up on all 3 of them, especially the dead ones.

This unfortunate experience should make you a better life insurance agent.

There will be a time in the future where you will receive some sort of pushback and you now have another "tool in the bag" that allows you to look the prospect square in the eye with authority and conviction giving them a reason to act now.

Paraphrasing John Savage in an MDRT session where he was talking about his annual schedule of taking June, July, and August off every year and if a prospect passes away while on vacation:

"I'm not in charge of death! If he dies, he dies! What if he died before I got there?" - John Savage

This is like a bizarro episode of the Twilight Zone — in the original episode the life agent went around hard closing all these people that were getting ready to die, but who didn't know they were going to soon die.

He was truly a man on a mission: "No, sir, you don't have time to think about it. Instead, think about your wife, your children, and let's get this plan started NOW."

This is like a bizarro episode of the Twilight Zone — in the original episode the life agent went around hard closing all these people that were getting ready to die, but who didn't know they were going to soon die.

He was truly a man on a mission: "No, sir, you don't have time to think about it. Instead, think about your wife, your children, and let's get this plan started NOW."

That sounds like a great episode. I don't remember seeing it. Do you have the title?

That sounds like a great episode. I don't remember seeing it. Do you have the title?

I don't remember the title. In fact, I fell asleep at the mid-point during the commercial break and never saw how it ended. And, in true TZ fashion, I've since searched TZ episode guides to look for it, and can find no mention of the episode.

Go figure.

Back