Resigned from Bankers Life

Thats what i meant. Most of the managers at GA are from bankers and all their philosophies went with them to GA. The training is pretty much the same too. I can of course only speak in Florida

Here it seems like the guys switch off between Bankers and Physicians Mutual and Pennsylvania Life.

What exactly do you do now. It seems you have been an agent for awhile. Why are you looking at captive shops?

I think he said he has OCD with borderline Aspergers. Makes it hard to be consistant out there.
Maybe, Homeservice, you would be the right person to make internet sales work for yourself. You write well and could dump tons of hours building up a site.
Just a random suggestion...carry on.

What exactly do you do now. It seems you have been an agent for awhile. Why are you looking at captive shops?

I have been looking for the perfect captive shop for 15 years at least. Maybe 20. I just keep my license and rarely sell anything, I usually find other jobs. Right now I'm in between jobs.

In the 80's I worked as a career agent for Mutual of Omaha, loved it, but it was in another state. Moved here to TX in the 90's and became a debit agent, loved that but the money was not there.

Became a courier and dropped my license. Got my license back, got hired at as a captive with W&S and Reliable as a debit guy, screwed those both up royally. I don't get along with managers. I actually owned my own courier business and that thing was rockin' and rollin'. I was happy, wifey was not, she talked me into quitting, selling the biz. Never really sold it. A friend of mine took all the deliveries.

I even got my P&C while with Reliable, tried to open a car agency, no go there. Tried to get hired at P&C shops, no luck yet.

Now I'm just a broker who never bothers to work and sell anything.

I cannot work for AGLA because I've been there and gone twice, cannot work at Reliable bacause I've been there twice. W&S won't call me back, I know why. Quitting is my problem.

I would suggest to newbies not to quit, if they find a captive they like, and are not 100% sure they can make it on their own as a broker, then don't quit. That's part of my problem, I've only ever seen this business work as a captive, not on my own. However, I quit as a captive, so I guess it doesn't work. I've given it like 2 years before, at various places. So i've seen it work for two years!! ha ha
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think he said he has OCD with borderline Aspergers. Makes it hard to be consistant out there.
Maybe, Homeservice, you would be the right person to make internet sales work for yourself. You write well and could dump tons of hours building up a site.
Just a random suggestion...carry on.

Yes. This is why I was attracted to several phone/internet jobs in the past, but I found out they were less than truthful with the people on the phone, can't have that. Typical phone boiler rooms. I tried doing term life from my home with one of those net quoting places, turned out they had in house agents, gave me all the leads they could not get a hold of, no phone, fake leads of people just getting quotes.

I sold one, the guy lied about smoking and overweight. Can't see him face to face, so he was like 50-100 lbs heavier!! They did a rate up on him, I think he kept it because I got my commission. I dunno, that was a disaster. That company does not have remote agents any longer.

Last edited:
I have been looking for the perfect captive shop for 15 years at least. Maybe 20. I just keep my license and rarely sell anything, I usually find other jobs. Right now I'm in between jobs.

Have you ever looked into one of these captive MA companies (such as Humana or UHC)?
Sounds like there is more money in it than the average captive shop.

Have you ever looked into one of these captive MA companies (such as Humana or UHC)?
Sounds like there is more money in it than the average captive shop.

I should, i've heard of a lot of guys who used to be in the debit around here, going to Humana. Humana is big, here, and San Antonio is always recruiting for UHC. They even put ads on the local radio, here, recruiting. I should look into it.

I did get into the MA deal with Parker at one time with humana, that was mistake!! I really just wanted to sell FE, but they were doing the "you get a wal mart location" deal.. I never got a location. Not that I wanted one. They gave me a few "leads" which were a joke. I need to look into your suggestion.
BTW, tins, I speend tons of time in mizzou, my wife is from there, I'm from Iowa. Well, not tons of time, but when I go home, anyways. My first outfit which recruited me to sell way back in 1986, was from mizzou, and they still are down by Columbia.

Last edited:
#3: I'm thinking the products are not competitive. They told me they are way higher on the med supps. But their service is better, so the higher price is worth it.

such BS! I guess they have to say something to get the people to pay so much more.

That's why I love having so many companies to 'choose from'. Makes it a heck of a lot easier to close the appointment, that's for sure. :yes:

I should, i've heard of a lot of guys who used to be in the debit around here, going to Humana. Humana is big, here, and San Antonio is always recruiting for UHC. They even put ads on the local radio, here, recruiting. I should look into it.

I did get into the MA deal with Parker at one time with humana, that was mistake!! I really just wanted to sell FE, but they were doing the "you get a wal mart location" deal.. I never got a location. Not that I wanted one. They gave me a few "leads" which were a joke. I need to look into your suggestion.
BTW, tins, I speend tons of time in mizzou, my wife is from there, I'm from Iowa. Well, not tons of time, but when I go home, anyways. My first outfit which recruited me to sell way back in 1986, was from mizzou, and they still are down by Columbia.

SWeet, my babiest sister is at Mizzou. I was in Columbia a couple months ago visiting her.
I was working near that part of the state this week, writing some dual MAs.

I cannot work for AGLA because I've been there and gone twice, cannot work at Reliable bacause I've been there twice. W&S won't call me back, I know why. Quitting is my problem.

Thought you had gotten past the thing with AGLA and was being rehired???

In the 80's I worked as a career agent for Mutual of Omaha, loved it, but it was in another state. Moved here to TX in the 90's and became a debit agent, loved that but the money was not there.

Became a courier and dropped my license. Got my license back, got hired at as a captive with W&S and Reliable as a debit guy, screwed those both up royally. I don't get along with managers. I actually owned my own courier business and that thing was rockin' and rollin'. I was happy, wifey was not, she talked me into quitting, selling the biz. Never really sold it. A friend of mine took all the deliveries.

I even got my P&C while with Reliable, tried to open a car agency, no go there. Tried to get hired at P&C shops, no luck yet.

Now I'm just a broker who never bothers to work and sell anything.

I would suggest to newbies not to quit, if they find a captive they like, and are not 100% sure they can make it on their own as a broker, then don't quit. That's part of my problem, I've only ever seen this business work as a captive, not on my own. However, I quit as a captive, so I guess it doesn't work. I've given it like 2 years before, at various places. So i've seen it work for two years!! ha ha

Yes. This is why I was attracted to several phone/internet jobs in the past, but I found out they were less than truthful with the people on the phone, can't have that. Typical phone boiler rooms. I tried doing term life from my home with one of those net quoting places, turned out they had in house agents, gave me all the leads they could not get a hold of, no phone, fake leads of people just getting quotes.

I sold one, the guy lied about smoking and overweight. Can't see him face to face, so he was like 50-100 lbs heavier!! They did a rate up on him, I think he kept it because I got my commission. I dunno, that was a disaster. That company does not have remote agents any longer.

Have you considered Combined or Metlife?

Back