Resigned from Bankers Life

So what commission percent do companies like Bankers & Great American pay on Med supps?

Thought you had gotten past the thing with AGLA and was being rehired???

Nope. i need to PM you and tell you about it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Have you considered Combined or Metlife?

A guy who was at my country club, { but I don't play golf, tennis only, but I think he was a golfer} anyhow, this guy was telling me about met life. He did some consulting work with them, said I should look into it.

Combined, I have a story about them. I got hired, I kind of liked it. Went out with the manager, saw a few folks. I found it to be cult- like, and it freaked me out, so I quit. Another one I signed up for and quit. Got the bad feeling about. it. When I get the bad feeling about something, I hit the road in a hurry. Mostly it was the management, who were freaking me out. I'm fairly certain if there were no such thing as managers, some of these companies would be fine!!

Last edited:
Nope. i need to PM you and tell you about it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A guy who was at my country club, { but I don't play golf, tennis only, but I think he was a golfer} anyhow, this guy was telling me about met life. He did some consulting work with them, said I should look into it.

Combined, I have a story about them. I got hired, I kind of liked it. Went out with the manager, saw a few folks. I found it to be cult- like, and it freaked me out, so I quit. Another one I signed up for and quit. Got the bad feeling about. it. When I get the bad feeling about something, I hit the road in a hurry. Mostly it was the management, who were freaking me out. I'm fairly certain if there were no such thing as managers, some of these companies would be fine!!

Homelife, no offense but how many different companies have you tried?

Do you think there was a problem with all of the situations or is it with yourself? Are your expectations too high or unrealistic?

I worked for BLC for over 2 years and finally realized that it was time to leave. To me from what I have read, all offices are run the same. Sad, sad, sad

Homelife, no offense but how many different companies have you tried?

Do you think there was a problem with all of the situations or is it with yourself? Are your expectations too high or unrealistic?

No offense taken, over 20 years I have tried at least 30-50 different ways/companies to sell insurance.
At least, maybe more. Yes, I certainly do think for sure the problem is me, not blaming the companies. I don't really go in with high expectations at all, so I'm not at all disappointed when I'm correct!!! hee hee

I should put it all in a big book for newbies. I could tell some stories, but it would be fairly negative. After they read it, I doubt they would get into this business!!

Here is a pattern I've seen, especially with captives:

#1. recruit. tell the recruits they can and will make 100K.

{ when I talked to the bankers recruiter, I said, "no offense, but I've been around this business for 26 years and I have rarely if ever met one person who made that. Hardly ever".}

#2. recruit, get the recruits in debt, immediately. make them write a check for 100-200 dollars for start up.

#3. recruit. tell the recruit you have awesome leads, and prospecting will be no problem. charge them out the wazoo, if possible, for said leads.

#4. recruit. the chargebacks when the recruit leaves, are money for the company, and go behind said recruit and flip his business to another agent number.

#5. turnover is bad, so recruit.

#6. tell recruits they can be manager one day.

#7. tell recruits that "captive does not matter, you have all the stuff you need right here, don't worry about that other stuff."

#8. tell recruits they need to work 50-60 hours to earn the free trip, then they get a vacation. for free. until then, work, work, work.

#9. tell recruits if they are still working by friday, they screwed up monday thru thursday.

#10. tell recruits to go out and buy an expensive house and car, so they are beholden to you and need to go out and earn money.

10 steps to running a captive. {or ruining a captive}

I have read your post over the last couple years. You sound like a nice enough guy. After 20 years I have to guess you do OK selling insurance.

May I suggest an avatar for you.
eeyore_cloud.gif

No offense taken, over 20 years I have tried at least 30-50 different ways/companies to sell insurance.
At least, maybe more. Yes, I certainly do think for sure the problem is me, not blaming the companies. I don't really go in with high expectations at all, so I'm not at all disappointed when I'm correct!!! hee hee

I should put it all in a big book for newbies. I could tell some stories, but it would be fairly negative. After they read it, I doubt they would get into this business!!

Here is a pattern I've seen, especially with captives:

#1. recruit. tell the recruits they can and will make 100K.

{ when I talked to the bankers recruiter, I said, "no offense, but I've been around this business for 26 years and I have rarely if ever met one person who made that. Hardly ever".}

#2. recruit, get the recruits in debt, immediately. make them write a check for 100-200 dollars for start up.

#3. recruit. tell the recruit you have awesome leads, and prospecting will be no problem. charge them out the wazoo, if possible, for said leads.

#4. recruit. the chargebacks when the recruit leaves, are money for the company, and go behind said recruit and flip his business to another agent number.

#5. turnover is bad, so recruit.

#6. tell recruits they can be manager one day.

#7. tell recruits that "captive does not matter, you have all the stuff you need right here, don't worry about that other stuff."

#8. tell recruits they need to work 50-60 hours to earn the free trip, then they get a vacation. for free. until then, work, work, work.

#9. tell recruits if they are still working by friday, they screwed up monday thru thursday.

#10. tell recruits to go out and buy an expensive house and car, so they are beholden to you and need to go out and earn money.

10 steps to running a captive. {or ruining a captive}

scotte said:
So what commission percent do companies like Bankers & Great American pay on Med supps?

I haven't worked there in 2 years but when you could get a GA med supp we got 14%. They are no longer available.

After that we had RNA, UHC and MoO

UHC paid $150 with ZERO residuals and MoO paid 10%!!

Back