ROP Term Question.....

BMC

Expert
Does the typical ROP term policy have any return of premiums, if the policy is surrendered before the end of the term? Thanks for the help.

Yes. Now it does. A few years ago they changed it so ROP must have a surrender schedules. If you come across older ROP policies they probably don't. Typically there will be zero value for the first 5 years and then grow from there.

Does the typical ROP term policy have any return of premiums, if the policy is surrendered before the end of the term? Thanks for the help.

My experience has been different than aclaro's. I have seen several older ROPTerm plans with surrender values. Some could even be used to pay premiums similarly to an APL. Each company is different. Same if they offer RdPdUp options or not.

ROP is on somewhat of a sliding scale. Different for all companies. As stated the first few years ithe the ROP is zero. "Usually" it is in the 50 percent range at the last 5 year mark +-.

Lee

Last edited:
My experience has been different than aclaro's. I have seen several older ROPTerm plans with surrender values. Some could even be used to pay premiums similarly to an APL. Each company is different. Same for if they offer RdPdUp options.

ROP is on somewhat of a sliding scale. Different for all companies. As stated the first few years ithe the ROP is zero. "Usually" it is in the 50 percent range at the last 5 year mark +-.

Lee

Thanks, Lee. I appreciate it.

Back