ROP Term

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
I use ROP Term in my practice. Does anyone else?

I do not care or dwell on the return of premium I show the reduced paid up policy at the end of the term as the value. Many times it is timed to stop the premiums around the time of retirement.

What say you? And why?

BTW, many times these come to me from older FE clients.

Last edited:
I use ROP Term in my practice. Does anyone else?

I do not care or dwell on the return of premium I show the reduced paid up policy at the end of the term as the value. Many times it is timed to stop the premiums around the time of retirement.

What say you? And why?

BTW, many times these come to me from older FE clients.

I'm a big fan. The flexibility is what I really like...if you want your premiums back, great. Rdpu, we can do that too. You want to convert to a permanent policy? Also an option....

Depending on age/health/amount/term, even the ROP feature can create a reasonable rate of return vs. buying traditional term and just keeping the difference at the bank or spending it (which most do...).

It's also great for the same DI/LTC objection of "I don't want to pay for something that I may never use (obviously speaking to term only) which I do hear from time to time...actually yesterday.

I'm a big fan. The flexibility is what I really like...if you want your premiums back, great. Rdpu, we can do that too. You want to convert to a permanent policy? Also an option....

Depending on age/health/amount/term, even the ROP feature can create a reasonable rate of return vs. buying traditional term and just keeping the difference at the bank or spending it (which most do...).

It's also great for the same DI/LTC objection of "I don't want to pay for something that I may never use (obviously speaking to term only) which I do hear from time to time...actually yesterday.

Forgot about that. Recently we surrendered (divorce) a older Cinci ROP and used the CV as a dump in on a smaller GUL to help with the short pay. The CV would would help in a conversion.

LEE, who do you like for this?

LEE, who do you like for this?

Really depends on the person and the deal. I did a little deal recently for the daughter of a client. Healthy female 32, $250k of 30 yr ROP and $20k child rider with Cinci.

I have an app out right now in LA for $75,000 51 year old male 5'8" 270#s. $137mo at the end of 20 years he walks away with a $55,000 paid up policy. Non Med. United Home Life

ROP term is also one of my favorite policies too. Just found out Illinois Mutual is doing away with their product as of the first of the year.

Darn was going to contract with Illinois Mutual for the term ROP.

Any other good carriers still offering term ROP?

Standard to Referred companies. Cinci Life, AIG Pru, ING. Non med and sub standard health UHL and Assurity. These are the ones I use there are others. Check Compulife.

Back