Rules and Regulations for Marketing Via Blogging

okinsel

Hi Guys,

I just became an independent and I'm happy that I made that decision. Right now, i'm in the process of developing my business plan. I have a few questions about the Rule and Regulations for marketing insurance via Blogging. What is suitable content? What boundaries are their as far as the Rules and Regs? I've been having trouble searching for this information today. I want to provide content relevant to people/potential clinets in general. I want it to be informational and engaging.

Last edited:
I am not a compliance expert, nor do I play one on TV.

Anything company or product specific... must be approved by the appropriate insurance companies. Keep it to general principles and how most products work, and you should be fine.

If your state requires that you disclose your license number, you must do so.

You may want to list all the states you are licensed to conduct insurance business in. Develop your own internal policy of handling correspondence from anyone outside the states you are licensed in. It may not ever happen, but if it does... will you answer it? Probably. You'd need to determine if the case makes enough sense for you to get licensed in that state or not.

While most financial blogs don't get a lot of comments, you may want to determine if you want your articles open for comments or not.

BTW, if you are securities licensed at all, you can forget the whole idea and just refer to your compliance manuals about what you're allowed to do or not.

I sure hope this is only one SMALL component of your 'business plan'.

Back