SC Customer with Hep. C

pbbaseball

Guru
100+ Post Club
have a customer that is looking for life insurance... orgininally quoted him graded 20yr term 100k at 487/mo, and he was happy with that... think there has to be someone better for whole life instead... 56yrs old, non smoker

trans doesn't ask that or liver disease, and is 25k at 131, which leaves me another 75k to fill the void... most of the others i've checked either ask about hep c, or have the catch-all "liver disease" question. I know just about everyone will take him modified/graded WL, but trying to find an additional 75k that's not graded

any thoughts from the experts?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
just tried the search feature, and guess what, i'm not the first agent that's ever ran into a client in this situation, go figure

Last edited:
Can't recall the name of the carrier, but I wrote a hep c guy several years ago through a subsidiary of MONY. At that time they were the only carrier willing to consider him.

What do his most recent lab readings look like? Any complications? We had a tentative offer for a Hep C. client of Table 6-8 (I think) earlier this year, but premiums were too high so he never applied.

Unless his Hep C is severe, he can qualify for traditional coverage. No need to take him the graded death benefit route. I wrote an article about Hep C and life insurance a few months ago that might help you in qualifying your prospect:
Hepatitis C Life Insurance

Back