On a Scale from 1 to 10

Who? ................

Al Granum, creator of the One Card System. His mantra was "call 10 (prospects), see 3, and sell 1. Also get 3 referrals from the sales.

Obviously 10-3-1-3 doesn't work without external sources of prospects.

With today's resources the numbers should really be "call 10 (introductions from clients), see 6, sell 4, get 6-8 intros from each sale." These are ultimate numbers, meaning that you may not immediately see the 6 from the 10 calls (requests for an initial meeting) because of timing. You may set meetings with 3 or 4 immediately and drip / follow up to get the other 2 or 3 over several months.

Who? ................

Al Granum.. Top, producer with NWNL... His agency led the nation in premium produced several times.. not just with NWML but supposedly industry wide. He developed the One card System of prospecting and client management.. Has a center in the American College named for him.

BTW, it wasn't 10 prospects, it was 10 calls should result in 3 face to face closing presentations which should produce 1 sale. When I entered the business with NL&A, they taught us 40/15/5.. 8 calls per day, no matter the source, should produce 3 sit down interviews where people are asked to buy would result in 1 app. It pretty well held true.. and, it didn't matter if the calls were asking clients for reviews, calling on referrals or even cold canvassing.

To those that call Direct mail leads.. on the average, if you call 10 leads, how many do you actually sit down with and how many of those do you close? ON those calls, you are calling on someone that has expressed interest in talking with you. I would expect you are selling more than 1 lead out of 10. But the Granum system is addressing calling on 10 people that have not expressed any interest.. If an agent can close 1 out of 10 of those consistently, he is doing a very good job.

Al Granum passed away in early January this year. If you have a moment, please read the obit I wrote at the link below, which also has a link to an earlier feature I wrote about him and his impact on the industry. He was truly one of the nicest, most gracious people I have ever met.
Al Granum: 1922-2014 | LifeHealthPro

Al Granum, creator of the One Card System. His mantra was "call 10 (prospects), see 3, and sell 1. Also get 3 referrals from the sales.

Obviously 10-3-1-3 doesn't work without external sources of prospects.

With today's resources the numbers should really be "call 10 (introductions from clients), see 6, sell 4, get 6-8 intros from each sale." These are ultimate numbers, meaning that you may not immediately see the 6 from the 10 calls (requests for an initial meeting) because of timing. You may set meetings with 3 or 4 immediately and drip / follow up to get the other 2 or 3 over several months.

I agree, those numbers seem more realistic to me. As you mentioned today's technologies makes it so much easier to multiple touch clients and prospects through out the year. Also if an agent has been in business for a few years many more of those meets are going to be from qualified referrals or existing clients.

I sure hope you communicate better on those leads I need to reiumburse you postage one....Maybe there is a reason you only closed 2 of them :)

Since you only sent two?

----------

I sure hope you communicate better on those leads I need to reiumburse you postage one....Maybe there is a reason you only closed 2 of them :)

Since the first one died before we got paid does that one count? And the second one, 81 yr old quadriplegic, should count as half.

Since you only sent two?

----------

Since the first one died before we got paid does that one count? And the second one, 81 yr old quadriplegic, should count as half.

So if as you say I sent you 2 leads (these are internet leads mind you) and you were able to reach 100% and close 100% of them do I need to keep them alive as well..... In regards to the 81 year old only counting as half that fine I will mail you back half of your payment.

So if as you say I sent you 2 leads (these are internet leads mind you) and you were able to reach 100% and close 100% of them do I need to keep them alive as well..... In regards to the 81 year old only counting as half that fine I will mail you back half of your payment.

:twitchy: postage due? On that note How many people could pull a sale out of that? Now getting it issued paid will be the trick.

Back